User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the Federal Reserve system?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love the Fed!

1 16.67%
  • We shouldn't have to pay the Fed!

1 16.67%
  • I don't really know how it works, but if it's worked for this long, it can't be that bad.

1 16.67%
  • I don't really know how it works, but I find the current devaluation of the dollar troubling.

2 33.33%
  • The Fed? I don't think this really pertains to me.

1 16.67%
123 Last

MBTI
    intp

Default The Federal Reserve Poll

The Federal Reserve is owned by private bankers. When you and I pay our federal income tax, most of those dollars go to paying off a small number of private bankers. Are you pleased with this system?
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    OMNi

I gotta ask AC, do you live on Rense?

Seriously, I despise that site. So many anti-semitic, homophobic, and anarchistic conspiracy theories. :steam:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

mmmhmm... and are the freemasons involved with the federal reserve as well?

I would like to hear your suggestion of what to do as a remedy for this grave problem before we start tearing this system apart... do you have a better suggestion of how to regulate things?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp

the gold standard
    edit: i think it's possible

YouTube - Former IRS Agent Joe Banister and Ron Paul On CNBC
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    OMNi

I personally have no problem with a quasi public bank like the Federal Reserve.

The Federal Reserve System is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution. Instead, it is an independent entity within the government, having both public purposes and private aspects. As the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve derives its authority from the U.S. Congress. It is considered an independent central bank because its decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branch of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms. However, the Federal Reserve is subject to oversight by Congress, which periodically reviews its activities and can alter its responsibilities by statute. Also, the Federal Reserve must work within the framework of the overall objectives of economic and financial policy established by the government. Therefore, the Federal Reserve can be more accurately described as "independent within the government." The twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system, are organized much like private corporations--possibly leading to some confusion about "ownership." For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year.
    As usual, such claims as "the Federal Reserve is owned by private bankers" are heavily exaggerated and display a selective knowledge.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I gotta ask AC, do you live on Rense?

Seriously, I despise that site. So many anti-semitic, homophobic, and anarchistic conspiracy theories. :steam:
    Well, I suppose you're right also about the selective knowledge.

Are you clear on how the Fed came into being?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Annuit Coeptis View Post
    the gold standard
    I don't.

There's not enough gold in the country to back the currency that we have, and if you take into account our position in global trade and the amount of goods that we import and export changing the standards of our money could completely throw off our economy and our place in the world.

And I'm NOT handing over my jewelry to the government to back our currency!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp

I am very, very uncomfortable with "our place in the world."
    I think that and how upset I am about the number of people who are being killed so that we can assure "our homeland is safe" is where all of my frustration comes from. If we weren't fighting it, we wouldn't have to borrow such an incredible amount from the Fed, and I would have gone on not noticing the Fed at all, like I had done before...

But it definitely stems from anger over the casualty count...

Edit:
    The federal system can stay, but not in it's current form. The reason that OUR national debt continues to grow annually, while other nations - take Germany for instance - are able to keep a surplus (rather than a trade deficit) is because their banks work within the two widely accepted theories (the names I can't remember but I'm scrambling to find my book "The Impact of the Federal Reserve on Trade and Global Economies") for a working central bank. Ours does not, and our deficit is growing as (I believe) a direct result.) Our system DOES support the few, instead. And it isn't true that this is "the way it has to be." Or that there aren't "other ways to do it," because I believe either of the two widely supported theories would work, (since they DO work for the countries whose banks work within them) I'll edit this post if I can find my book so that I can use some words that make sense.

Edit:
    And without a change in policy, the deficit will continue to grow, even if we were to bring the troops home, which we probably...won't.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Annuit Coeptis View Post
    the gold standard

YouTube - Former IRS Agent Joe Banister and Ron Paul On CNBC
    Of course Ron Paul is pushing for a Gold Standard. He has hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in Gold. He would become a billionaire overnight if we went back to a Gold Standard. He has always been the leading advocate to a return to the Gold Standard.

Not to mention it just doesn't make sense since all the US currency currently in circulation equates for more than the value of all the gold in the world.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm not pleased with the casualty count either, but there's very little that is possible to do now, so we just have to lie in the bed that we made. (of course I'm one of those leftist people who likes intergovernmental functions and such but doesn't trust free trade)

This is a circumstance of accepting what there is until we have a better replacement, since our country could not function without such a system.