User Tag List

First 456

The Singularity and Surprise

As I write we are moving towards the singularity. And we are moving along an exponentioal path to the singularity.

And we don't know what the singularity will be, only that it will be a surprise.

So the way to prepare for the singularity is to let go of our cognitive faculties for a while so that everything comes as a surprise.

But letting go of our cognitive faculties for a while induces overwhelming fear and so we cut ourselves off from surprise and so the singularity will take us by surprise, big time.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Lately I wonder what life will look like not in 500 years but 5000. Will it be unrecognizable? Will even the names and locations of modern day countries become fuzzy memories inflated with mysticism?

Then I think...probably not. Because of technology we should be able to keep a continuous historical record of everything that has happened thus far in the world and pass it on correctly? Yes?
    It's pretty amazing the way I've seen most of the entire country forget things in the past 10 years. So even barring some major technological stumble between then and now (which I consider virtually inevitable) I think memories will changes and the identity will change with it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think when music and fashion become a cultures main reference point for change, we have reached cultural stagnation.

The most fundamental changes in our day and ages are: the growing economical conciencse and with that the rationalisation of the culture, if I may call it that way. Rationalisation in a good way, cause its all oriented towards the idealistic idea of creating everlasting circles for material usage and therefore lasting value added.

Another thing is the demand for democracy in the arabian World. I think its 5 states now who got rid of a dictator and demanded democracy, all fueled by the information society which shows those people over the internet what democracy feels like.

A man blind to the rest of the World, who calls that stagnation
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The US is in a period of job stagnation, & I think most twentysomething-&-under people feel a life stagnation, but there's probably more art being made than ever before. People just have to do it after serving coffee all day
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Lately I wonder what life will look like not in 500 years but 5000. Will it be unrecognizable? Will even the names and locations of modern day countries become fuzzy memories inflated with mysticism?

Then I think...probably not. Because of technology we should be able to keep a continuous historical record of everything that has happened thus far in the world and pass it on correctly? Yes?

Anyhow...I think every decade past the the inception of the 'modern era' people have asked that question. I think you only ask that question or offer it "end of the world/stagnation/civilization at a standstill etc." when things are still moving forward. By the time the empire has crumbled you don't need ask that question anymore.
    im betting mankind wont be around in 5000 years.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I'll bet you 430 billion dollars we will
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    The US is in a period of job stagnation, & I think most twentysomething-&-under people feel a life stagnation, but there's probably more art being made than ever before. People just have to do it after serving coffee all day
    Depends what you mean by art, there are a lot of people who are extremely nitpicky about that subject.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hmmm, I think we are just looking in the wrong places. I doubt cultural revolution will have happened in western culture, we're still catching our breath from wide sweeping changes decades before but places like China, and India, I would think they would be evolving beyond recognition? You have to look outside the box for these things. These things also begin under ground. It's a short sighted article, with a very blinkered view of culture. There isn't just One.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]