User Tag List

First 8910

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Very well, and it's still "divinely inspired" and written by a "God ordained king". I have made my case. Property is a theological construct, and since the free market and capitalism are also, they are also theological constructs. Can you prove me wrong?
    Well, I already did, after you claimed the Ten Commandments were first. Seems you've learned something.. so far...

Now, we are starting to get there. It's possible if you are prepared to try and learn, and not just state an opinion on rather shaky principles.

Go and ponder for a while whether you think these laws are state laws, or religious ones. Remember that substance is more important than form. Remember that religion is, and always has been, closely linked to statehood.

There's some understanding there, if you work at it.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Well, I already did, after you claimed the Ten Commandments were first. Seems you've learned something.. so far...

Now, we are starting to get there. It's possible if you are prepared to try and learn, and not just state an opinion on rather shaky principles.

Go and ponder for a while whether you think these laws are state laws, or religious ones. Remember that substance is more important than form. Remember that religion is, and always has been, closely linked to statehood.

There's some understanding there, if you work at it.
    What makes my principles so shaky? So far I have yet to find a reference of property that isn't theological. If anything your argument sounds shaky since you are making rather random sounding comments like, "Remember that substance is more important than form". Anyways, most of our law is inherited from Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Also, do you have to be so condescending and speak down to me? It makes you sound much more like a dick than somebody trying to impart knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    What makes my principles so shaky? So far I have yet to find a reference of property that isn't theological. If anything your argument sounds shaky since you are making rather random sounding comments like, "Remember that substance is more important than form". Anyways, most of our law is inherited from Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Also, do you have to be so condescending and speak down to me? It makes you sound much more like a dick than somebody trying to impart knowledge.
    Well, that was certainly a well though out response, thankyou! :rolli:

Substance over form.... what it means is more important than what it is says at face value. Apologies for the technical terminology, figured you'd know what I mean.

Here's another clue for you :

Even today's Kings, leaders, politicians will frequently make reference to divine right when trying to convince the population of the importance of their words.

One doesn't need to be Machiavelli to see through the preface to the Code of Hammurabi.

At that, I will leave it.

You can win, if you like.