User Tag List

First 1234 Last

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    First i was thinking paavo arhinmäki( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paavo_Arhinm%C3%A4ki ), but it seems like he doesent have much chances, so gonna vote for pekka haavisto( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pekka_Haavisto ). Pekka haavisto would most likely be the first gay president in the world, which would be quite cool
    Really? Both of them are against nuclear power, which is pretty ridiculous. At least you're not voting for any of the crazy nationalists currently in power there.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Really? Both of them are against nuclear power, which is pretty ridiculous. At least you're not voting for any of the crazy nationalists currently in power there.
    Being pro nuclear power is ridiculous imo and imo tarja halonen is reasonably good president, i dont get why you call her a crazy nationalist, care to explain?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Being pro nuclear power is ridiculous imo and imo tarja halonen is reasonably good president, i dont get why you call her a crazy nationalist, care to explain?
    Oh, nevermind. I was talking about your parliamentary election where the "True Finns" received 19% of the votes. The talk here in Denmark about the elections had given me the impression that they were now the largest party in parliament.

Also, I would be understanding of your position on nuclear power if Finland was susceptible to any major natural catastrophes, but since you have the privilege of living in a relatively secure and comfortable location, I see no reason why you should choose coal or natural gas over nuclear power. Renewables are still far too inefficient to be considered as viable alternatives to any of the three aforementioned, if you plan on "shock"-introducing renewable energy. Perhaps if you first established an energy supply network based entirely on nuclear power, and then slowly replaced this with renewable energy.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Oh, nevermind. I was talking about your parliamentary election where the "True Finns" received 19% of the votes. The talk here in Denmark about the elections had given me the impression that they were now the largest party in parliament.

Also, I would be understanding of your position on nuclear power if Finland was susceptible to any major natural catastrophes, but since you have the privilege of living in a relatively secure and comfortable location, I see no reason why you should choose coal or natural gas over nuclear power. Renewables are far too inefficient to be considered as viable alternatives to any of the three aforementioned.
    Okay.

But you know nuclear waste isnt fun, especially since they dont seem to be able to dumb it properly and i wouldnt be surpriced if they wouldnt take the quite possible rise of sea level into account with this. Not to mention that there isnt any need for more nuclear power in finland, extra power could be attained from swamps(we got loads of them, but for some reason they arent used to make electricity), solar power and wind power..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

#1: Obama
    #2: Paul
    #3: Huntsman

Not really surprising. I found it funny that for some questions my personal answer was not even an option.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

1 - Paul
    2 - Huntsman
    3 - Obama

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Sorry, yeah Barack is in there. Edited the title.
    Still all Republican candidates. Today's Democrats are like Republicans a couple of decades ago, and the Republicans are a new breed altogether. For all practical purposes, there are no Democrats.

I voted for Barack before, and if I do again it's pretty much status quo with no change expected and continued favors for the ruling class at the expense of the working class. Ron Paul has great ideas to have the U.S. quit acting like an imperialist country and close down guantanamo bay, which I think he might actually do, but his domestic policies will create a great deal of suffering and decline. Giving more power to the states will make it easier for corporations to control political processes leaving even less power to the individual.

Most of the other choices appear on the border of mental illness with issues like narcissism and sociopathy, and they communicate as though steeped in stupidity, so it's pretty frustrating.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Your top candidate match is Ron Paul!
    Jon Huntsman and Michele Bachmann were runner-ups.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INtP

The only one of the bunch (including Obama) who really says/does anything I'd agree with is Ron Paul. However, his domestic policies, if inacted, would be tragic. So although I'll give him credit for at least being honest about foreign policy realities, I could never vote for him. By default, my vote will be going to Obama -- although like most left-leaning people, I've been disappointed with him.

Really? I'd prefer to vote for Bernie Sanders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Are we still in 2005? Is Chuck Norris still someone people irrationally give a shit about?
    It's a simple fun fact that Norris endorses Newt. Don't get too hung up on it.

And yes, as much as it annoys me, people are still telling Chuck Norris jokes in certain spheres.