Thread: Hillary Wins PA

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I'm apologize in advance, but what the hell difference would your mother's vote make? Can't you think for yourself?
    How can you say such a dreadful thing about the person who

• bore you inside her very own body for nine months, bloating up like a pufferfish, puking in parking lots and seeing her calves swell like soggy loaves of bread
    • laid on that table screaming and pushing for agonizing hours until you deigned to get your ass in gear and crawl out
    • wiped your nose and your bottom (hopefully not with the same cloth) and made you really greasy food for lunch all the time even though it was bad for you, because she knew you liked it
    • laid out your clothes, ran you back and forth to school and the mall
    • prayed for your soul every night, and that you would find a nice boy or girl to marry and have babies with so she could have squawling grandchildren
    • now sits by the phone waiting in quiet suffering for the few moments you spare to call her every month, pining away while you are out playing and enjoying yourself without a care in the world and spending money on Macaroni Grill and your hifi stereo equipment and not even bothering to send her an occasional "I was thinking about you" card
    • would rip off her own legs with her bare hands and feed them to ravenous alligators if it would make you happy

And all she wanted was for you to vote the way she did. But you coldly refuse.

Oooooo... you, you ingrate!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Um...Obama has made very clear statements about what he wants to do.

Have you actually listened to him or are you just running off at the mouth?
    Yep, I have listened to him. I haven't heard him say anything substantive that separates him from the other candidates. He goes on and on about 'change', but it's just a marketing ploy. He'll be no different than any other candidate.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

As you are all aware, the winner on this election will have great impact on an international scale.
    Obama and McCain are just going to continue to play the role the U.S. has played for the last 50 years (pissing the world off). Clinton might not be that good, but she is the best of possible outcomes. She actually intends to change the foreign policy. Wich would ultimately be a very, very nice thing to do. To you guys across the pond, too. Because it means you might be less likely to watch the United States end in some big apocalyptic way. And she intends to do something about your horrible healthcare system.
    Any other way now possible would ultimately lead to destruction. In case you hadn't noticed, the world is kind of getting tired of the "war on terror" to get to the oil in the middle east.

On the other hand, I understand why some people like Obama. He's charismatic. Go figure, he's a goddamn lawyer. I hate lawyers.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Wow, Lateralus, we actually see eye-to-eye on something Cause for celebration!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

As a politician, Hillary is superb. She's battle-tested and Ford tough
    In more ways than one. Did you hear about the time she was ambushed by sniper fire?!

Oh wait...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Chelsea will be in town again tomorrow.

If Hillary comes again, I may go just to try to get an autograph for my dad. That would be a pretty rocking Father's Day gift.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Um...Obama has made very clear statements about what he wants to do.

Have you actually listened to him or are you just running off at the mouth?
    I have... He's going to do away with tax cuts but not raise them... oh, but he's going to raise payroll taxes to pay Soc Sec and raise capital gains tax from 15% to 39%... mmmhmmm... "change" all right. If anyone buys his BS that his tax proposals won't hurt the middle class... only the rich (the propaganda shpeel dems have always used.. yeh, EMOTIONS!) figure out what's left of the average Joe's check after selling his house and main asset (probably held onto as investment for retirement) ... at 15%, then at 39%.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Both Democratic candidates have awful fiscal policy plans, and McCain isn't much better (and his foreign policy is fucking frightening).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I have... He's going to do away with tax cuts but not raise them... oh, but he's going to raise payroll taxes to pay Soc Sec and raise capital gains tax from 15% to 39%... mmmhmmm... "change" all right. If anyone buys his BS that his tax proposals won't hurt the middle class... only the rich (the propaganda shpeel dems have always used.. yeh, EMOTIONS!) figure out what's left of the average Joe's check after selling his house and main asset (probably held onto as investment for retirement) ... at 15%, then at 39%.
    At this rate the average Joe isn't going to have a house to sell and if he does, he'll be lucky not to owe more on it than it's worth.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers