User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Hillary Wins PA

  1. #11
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    ...If I had to vote for a Democrat (which I'd be reluctant to do since my mother's always voted Republican), I'd vote for Hilary over Obama. Most people think that makes me crazy, but she seems more intelligent for some reason. Obama doesn't seem to really know what he's doing outside of the persuasion tactics.
    I think that Hillary's strengths appeal to you more personally than Obama's do. I don't know if Obama doesn't know what he's doing, but he certainly goes about the business differently.

    Some people complain about the fighting, but honestly i think it is important for Obama to take some heat now so that he can show what he is made of. Before all this, I had no idea what sort of storms he could weather.

    I don't think Hillary should quit either. She's behind, yes, and it looks like a convention showdown is the most likely positive outcome left for her... but she's not far enough behind to simply drop out. Ugh. It's right in that gray area.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #12
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think that Hillary's strengths appeal to you more personally than Obama's do. I don't know if Obama doesn't know what he's doing, but he certainly goes about the business differently.
    Well, of course. Any judgment I make is only as good as my understanding of the information I base it on, which is going to be (consciously or unconsciously) affected by what I find appealing.

    Can you say what Hillary's strengths are, and tell me why it is they appeal to me, based on what you already know of me? Just curious.

    Interestingly, you never say who you prefer. Is that because you're one of those people who thinks it's important not to take sides publicly?

  3. #13
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    If I had to vote for a Democrat (which I'd be reluctant to do since my mother's always voted Republican), I'd vote for Hilary over Obama. Most people think that makes me crazy, but she seems more intelligent for some reason. Obama doesn't seem to really know what he's doing outside of the persuasion tactics.
    I can't believe I'm saying this (I'm very emphatically not voting for either Clinton or Obama), but your mother's vote should not have any bearing on who you support.

  4. #14
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Obama's already in Indiana, he knew he was losing PA and flew out earlier.

    ... do you think Chelsea will run?
    If I were her I'd have already run. Far, far away.

    I keep hearing locals say that Obama is Muslim. I hope they are too stupid to vote.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  5. #15
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Can you say what Hillary's strengths are, and tell me why it is they appeal to me, based on what you already know of me? Just curious.
    Not really, I just made the statement because I thought it was obvious, without planning to invest time in an analysis... gotta get to a meeting.

    Interestingly, you never say who you prefer. Is that because you're one of those people who thinks it's important not to take sides publicly?
    Mostly I hate being immersed in large-scale political debates that demand knowledge of lots of information, if you want to remain informed. My life energy goes into a lot of other things nowadays and I can't afford the time/energy investment, so I just don't make many claims I'm not willing to spent time researching enough to support.

    And it's also because I see good and bad qualities in both candidates, so fighting for one seems a little silly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #16
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Not really, I just made the statement because I thought it was obvious, without planning to invest time in an analysis... gotta get to a meeting. My life energy goes into a lot of other things nowadays and I can't afford the time/energy investment, so I just don't make many claims I'm not willing to spent time researching enough to support.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to detain you or force you to research anything you don't want to. Please know that I'm fine with you not wanting to answer, if that makes you feel any better. You owe me nothing, and I wouldn't ask anything from you when your energy is limited even if you did. I wouldn't knowingly/willfully do that to you. I merely wondered if perhaps you had already analyzed it but not articulated your reasoning.

    And it's also because I see good and bad qualities in both candidates, so fighting for one seems a little silly.
    Ah, well that's especially understandable. I see positive and negative in both as well. In fact, I was only expressing a rather slight preference that I would admit was purely subjective. I wouldn't seriously fight for either of them myself.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    I wanted Obama to win too! He's the man. I am surrounded by stupid Phillies who voted for Clinton.
    Obama's great! He's all about change. I don't know what kind of change, because he's never really said, but change is good, right?

    Does Obama ever make concrete statements regarding his agenda? Or does the guy only speak in vague metaphors? I ask because that's all I've ever heard.

    And Clinton, she's trying to almost be a Republican now when I know...I KNOW...that's not what she believes. She's certainly willing to lie as much as necessary to win the nomination.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #18
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    If I had to vote for a Democrat (which I'd be reluctant to do since my mother's always voted Republican),
    I'm apologize in advance, but what the hell difference would your mother's vote make? Can't you think for yourself? Don't you realize these parties change over time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  9. #19
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    I think I'm actually in the minority amongst people I know because I like Hillary. When it comes to vs. McCain, I'd vote for either Dem. candidate.

    As a politician, Hillary is superb. She's battle-tested and Ford tough, she's extremely competent and she's proactive. She has experience and I think she's proven herself as someone capable and to be reckoned with. Honestly, after Bush dear lord, that's all I want, someone CAPABLE who knows what they are doing.

    My biggest reservation about Obama is that he doesn't have the experience. I like his platform, but where's his track record that proves he can handle the presidency? I do wonder about his ability to really weather the white house and stick to his guns and be pragmatic and not just idealistic. If he stays on the radar and runs again in 8 years, he'll have a much stronger case.

    Really, I'd rather the devil I know than the devil I don't know basically. I know, and I'm supposed to be a ragingly idealistic hippie...
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  10. #20
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Obama's great! He's all about change. I don't know what kind of change, because he's never really said, but change is good, right?

    Does Obama ever make concrete statements regarding his agenda? Or does the guy only speak in vague metaphors? I ask because that's all I've ever heard.
    Um...Obama has made very clear statements about what he wants to do.

    Have you actually listened to him or are you just running off at the mouth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Similar Threads

  1. Hillary Clinton's type
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 12-26-2016, 03:53 PM
  2. Last reply wins!
    By Alchemist in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 03:05 PM
  3. So which movie should win the Oscar for Best Visual Effects?
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 11:08 PM
  4. Ron Paul Wins Another Presidential Debate
    By FranG in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO