MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Have you ever asked yourself

How many pages in all the bibles in all the world will ever be read by a person?

I asked myself this once
    I suspect many of them are airdopped into third-world countries, to be confiscated and burned so that we can then say that the Bible is being oppressed and justify even more movement into those countries.

Or they sit in hotels and under church pews and never get opened.

They're rather like the post-it notes of Christianity --- you can find clumps of them everywhere but it doesn't mean they are being used.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Which woman is from a male-dominated culture? Both, obviously. It is more revealing to ask why is each woman dressed as she is: because she was told to, because she fears doing otherwise, because she knows no other options, or because she really wants to? This cartoon shows why it is just as limiting to forbid headcoverings as to require them. Liberating women (or anyone else) after all amounts to letting them make their own choices.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bible
    If your brother, your mother’s son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods’ (whom neither you nor your fathers have known, of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end), you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
    I suppose turnabout isn't fair play, though, or more Christian proselytizers would be shot down in the streets. Much more peaceable and respectful to let each person find God in his/her own way, including not at all.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Funny how a huge proportion of global Muslims (i.e. 84% in Egypt, 86% in Jordan, 76% in Pakistan, etc.) and all major schools of Islamic jurisprudence disagree with you:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/...and-hezbollah/

Now compare those numbers to Christians who believe that apostates should be put to death-its miniscule, to put it mildly.
    So the Qu'ran says don't kill apostates, but the followers believe they should.
    The Bible says kill apostates, but the followers believe they shouldn't.

I wonder if the Westboro Baptist Church kills apostates.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... but Nerd Girl says that 100 million copies of the Bible sell each week around the world!!

Hmmm. Maybe they're building houses out of them.
    That's about 4.8 billion bibles per year. Which means people (non christians included) are buying an average of maybe 30-35 bibles during their lifetime.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    ^Precisely what I was wondering. What about American Muslim women?

That being said, it's quite a funny cartoon.
    I presume you were referring to me, rather than Victor?

If so, yeah, I think people conflate "Muslim" and "Arabic/Middle Eastern" quite a lot - particularly due to the notion that religion is sort of hereditary (we still use the word "Jewish" for both ethnicity and religion, after all).
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Luckily for the apostates, Sharia law is not recognized in the United States of America
    The peak muslim body in Australia is pressing fot the introduction of Sharia. And although Sharia is the opposite of liberal democracy the peak body is convinced they are right and we are wrong. And they are relelentless. They danced in the streets in Lakemba, NSW, and handed out sweets, when muslims brought down the twin towers. And they are determined to introduce Sharia to Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The peak muslim body in Australia is pressing fot the introduction of Sharia. And although Sharia is the opposite of liberal democracy the peak body is convinced they are right and we are wrong. And they are relelentless. They danced in the streets in Lakemba, NSW, and handed out sweets, when muslims brought down the twin towers. And they are determined to introduce Sharia to Oz.
    What will the Wizard do to stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What will the Wizard do to stop them?
    At the moment they are small in number but increasing. And although they have failed in their attempt to kill large numbers of Australians in Australia and now reside in jail, the goal of Sharia is openly and relentlessly pursued by the muslim peak body of Australia.

Unfortunately we don't have the same Constitutional protections as the United States. And unfortunately on the Left we have those who tell us that Islam is no worse than Christianity.

We do have a good Intelligence Service that has pinpointed muslims preparing and ready to commit mass murder in Australia and these muslims have been arrested by the Australian Federal Police just as they were about to killl large numbers in Australians in he pursuit of Sharia.

The arrested muslims were brought before our Criminal Court and almost all were convicted of terrorism charges and sentenced to terms in prison.

And during their trials they made it plain that they didn't recognise the legitimacy of Australian Criminal Courts and were completely unrepentent. And in jail they spend their time converting other prisoners to Islam and Sharia.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    At the moment they are small in number but increasing. And although they have failed in their attempt to kill large numbers of Australians in Australia and now reside in jail, the goal of Sharia is openly and relentlessly pursued by the muslim peak body of Australia.

Unfortunately we don't have the same Constitutional protections as the United States. And unfortunately on the Left we have those who tell us that Islam is no worse than Christianity.

We do have a good Intelligence Service that has pinpointed muslims preparing and ready to commit mass murder in Australia and these muslims have been arrested by the Australian Federal Police just as they were about to killl large numbers in Australians in he pursuit of Sharia.

The arrested muslims were brought before our Criminal Court and almost all were convicted of terrorism charges and sentenced to terms in prison.

And during their trials they made it plain that they didn't recognise the legitimacy of Australian Criminal Courts and were completely unrepentent. And in jail they spend their time converting other prisoners to Islam and Sharia.
    Don't you think that in answering my question you should at least mention the Wizard, Victor? I feel cheated.