User Tag List

First 891011 Last

The electronic media live in the eternal now, and now, so do we.

And for those of us who hanker for the past we have therapy with Eckhart Tolle and his book called, "The Power of Now".

MBTI
    INFP

I'm German. 'Nuff said.
    |R|lUEI | INFP

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fairwinds View Post
    I'm German. 'Nuff said.
    The NPD parties hard every year

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

American history surely is intresting. I think tho that most history intrest for my culture lies in roman history and the following dark ages, as well as history of asia, especially japan, china and tibet. Another huge intrest is old egypt. Archaeologist infact was always my dream profession. I would have liked to go to Egypt and dig out some unfound treasure
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

For most of our history Australia has been a long way from anywhere. For instance, it took three months for a letter to arrive.

We were blessed with the Scottish and English Enlightenment and British Institutions. We never knew slavey or civil war. And we have never been invaded.

So we took our good fortune for granted and became the Lucky Country.

We instituted one of the largest and most successful immigration programs in the world. And we have found each new wave of immigrants have integrated into Australia. All except the last wave who have made it plain they have no intention of integrating, and so we have many young Australian born muslims in our schools who do not consider themselves Australians.

So for the first time we must make explicit what it is to be Australian. And we are discovering this ourselves. And we are discovering we are a product of our fortunate history.

And unfortunately those who wish to destroy our liberal democracy have their own propaganda view of our history called, "The Black Armband View of History".

Fortunately we remain The Lucky Country but now we find we must defend our values and institutions from the enemy within.

Sniffles

Oh but it sure has been bombed a few times:
    Air raids on Australia, 1942–43

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Another huge intrest is old egypt. Archaeologist infact was always my dream profession. I would have liked to go to Egypt and dig out some unfound treasure
    Well there's still the unsearched chamber under the Sphinx IIRC. Of course that's just one of the great mysteries of Egypt(at least according to the ever wise Moses - eh...I mean Charlton Heston). Of course UFOs built the Pyramids.

But yeah Egyptology is certainly a fascinating field of historical study. Probably one of the first major areas that got me first interested in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oh but it sure has been bombed a few times:
    Air raids on Australia, 1942–43
    Sure, the same fleet that attacked Pearl Harbour attacked Darwin. And we were ready for an invasion, but the battle of the Coral Sea turned the tide and Australia was saved.

And every day I drive up King's Avenue I look up to a tall column with the American Eagle on top, resplendent. The mums and dads of Australia put their pounds and shillings together to remind us of the Coral Sea.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

There's people who celebrate the history of my country. They hate each other to the max and despite believing they dont they have a locus of identity which is outside themselves.