User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    The reason why this happened was because she did it, simple as that. It was her who made this all happen, wether it was a good or bad decision is irrelevant and i see no reason for pointing fingers at her or at government, most likely its her family that is to blame for their 15 year old daughter wanting to run away from home to another country, but cant really know whats the situation with her family, so no point at pointing fingers there either..
    I have little sympathy for the kid (other than her obvious psychological issues), she did this to herself. I'm concerned that the government could be fooled so easily. This was an untrained 15 year old kid, not someone trained to evade detection. If a novice can pull it off, anyone can. If this is the quality of their work, why are they even getting paid?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I need to lie about my identity and get a free plane ticket to a foreign country.

I hear the beaches in Rio are great this time of year.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Lol. Thanks for missing the nuances I was discussing in my point.

In any situation, there's usually a number of factors to blame, and it's also a known fact that teenagers often make poor choices because the control/restraint areas of the brain are not yet developed + they don't yet have the life experience to make better ones. There are things that could be fixed in all areas of this situation, and there's no need to "blame" anyone -- just fix the problem!

If you're going to just fight a black-and-white battle here, feel free, but I won't be continuing.
    Well, there is a third possibility...

I am not apologizing for that.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    GONE

This was the premise of a movie in the 80s (hmm well the opposite premise)

How quickly we forget our history!!!

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I don't believe a 15 year old girl is legally capable of waiving her rights. One one hand, this is just the sort of stuff that will happen, no system is airtight. On the other hand, this obviously wouldn't have happened if she weren't Hispanic. If she were somehow mistaken as a 15 year old caucasian alien from Canada, they'd track her parents down first to confirm.
    The trouble is that she claimed she was 21 and they couldn't produce evidence to prove that she wasn't who she said she was. A possible negative side effect of our system's general approach towards citizens... innocent till proven guilty (or proven otherwise) etc.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I have little sympathy for the kid (other than her obvious psychological issues), she did this to herself. I'm concerned that the government could be fooled so easily. This was an untrained 15 year old kid, not someone trained to evade detection. If a novice can pull it off, anyone can. If this is the quality of their work, why are they even getting paid?
    Im sure they are working their assess off at where ever they were fooled at.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    The trouble is that she claimed she was 21 and they couldn't produce evidence to prove that she wasn't who she said she was.
    Suppose this is why such concrete approaches don't always work. Changing that ideology though is going to succeed as well as they did at identifying her the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Suppose this is why such concrete approaches don't always work. Changing that ideology though is going to succeed as well as they did at identifying her the first time.
    Pretty much. But I'm not going to pretend I have any functional alternatives to propose because I don't.

I'm with Jennifer in that I think a reevaluation of the procedures in place to deport unconfirmed individuals needs to happen.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Default UPDATE

I guess we knew this was coming:

Mom of deported teen runaway files federal lawsuit
    The mother of a teenage Dallas runaway who gave authorities a false name and wound up deported to South America has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against officials with the Justice Department and Homeland Security, contending her daughter was illegally detained and deported.

The suit, filed on Tuesday by Johnisa Turner on behalf of her daughter Jakadrien Turner, is asking for $15 million in damages.
    Did not see this coming.

It also discloses publicly for the first time that while in Colombia, Jakadrien Turner became pregnant by a 29-year-old man.
    Oh crap, Justice Dept.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

How does a 14 year old (she was that age at deportation) have the where with all to pull that off? Holly crap though! This is going to be messy.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]