First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Her family is retarted if they blame the government.
    Gosh. I never even knew they had been tarted the first time.

It was the girls choise to do what she did.
    I'm more with SI on this one. She's partly culpable but still a kid; kids do dumb things, for good and/or bad reasons.

Meanwhile, the gov followed procedure. Maybe the procedures need to be evaluated, but nothing really seemed out of line.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I am mainly amazed that she had the chutzpah to pull this whole stunt off and from what I have read in other articles managed to stay pretty much afloat in Colombia all this time despite never having been to the country before. I am rather impressed by her.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't believe a 15 year old girl is legally capable of waiving her rights. One one hand, this is just the sort of stuff that will happen, no system is airtight. On the other hand, this obviously wouldn't have happened if she weren't Hispanic. If she were somehow mistaken as a 15 year old caucasian alien from Canada, they'd track her parents down first to confirm.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Gosh. I never even knew they had been tarted the first time.

I'm more with SI on this one. She's partly culpable but still a kid; kids do dumb things, for good and/or bad reasons.

Meanwhile, the gov followed procedure. Maybe the procedures need to be evaluated, but nothing really seemed out of line.
    The reason why this happened was because she did it, simple as that. It was her who made this all happen, wether it was a good or bad decision is irrelevant and i see no reason for pointing fingers at her or at government, most likely its her family that is to blame for their 15 year old daughter wanting to run away from home to another country, but cant really know whats the situation with her family, so no point at pointing fingers there either..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The reason why this happened was because she did it, simple as that. It was her who made this all happen, wether it was a good or bad decision is irrelevant and i see no reason for pointing fingers at her or at government, most likely its her family that is to blame for their 15 year old daughter wanting to run away from home to another country, but cant really know whats the situation with her family, so no point at pointing fingers there either..
    Lol. Thanks for missing the nuances I was discussing in my point.

In any situation, there's usually a number of factors to blame, and it's also a known fact that teenagers often make poor choices because the control/restraint areas of the brain are not yet developed + they don't yet have the life experience to make better ones. There are things that could be fixed in all areas of this situation, and there's no need to "blame" anyone -- just fix the problem!

If you're going to just fight a black-and-white battle here, feel free, but I won't be continuing.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Lol. Thanks for missing the nuances I was discussing in my point.

In any situation, there's usually a number of factors to blame, and it's also a known fact that teenagers often make poor choices because the control/restraint areas of the brain are not yet developed + they don't yet have the life experience to make better ones. There are things that could be fixed in all areas of this situation, and there's no need to "blame" anyone -- just fix the problem!

If you're going to just fight a black-and-white battle here, feel free, but I won't be continuing.
    Well i see reasons for something happening and think its more essential than to find someone to blame and point fingers at.

If your government would change their procedures so that they would lock people away until they figured out their identity with 100% certainty, half the mexico and third the south america would be in usa prisons..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If your government would change their procedures so that they would lock people away until they figured out their identity with 100% certainty, half the mexico and third the south america would be in usa prisons..
    You're a smart guy. Maybe you could think of some other alternatives somewhere between "Lock her in chains until they know 100% [since apparently 99% is not acceptable] for sure who she is" and "let an underage US citizen traipse into South America with two south american adults."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You're a smart guy. Maybe you could think of some other alternatives somewhere between "Lock her in chains until they know 100% [since apparently 99% is not acceptable] for sure who she is" and "let an underage US citizen traipse into South America with two south american adults."
    I can think of one solution. Put a computer chip in each american when they are born(or get citizenship later in life) and make that chip as a requirment of being an citizen of usa.

People who dont have the chip could be sent to canada as they love immigrants who are willing to work.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can think of one solution. Put a computer chip in each american when they are born(or get citizenship later in life) and make that chip as a requirment of being an citizen of usa.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we go in that direction, with the increase of technology and how things are changing. Passports already have an electronic component now (so they can be read in a scanner), and we routinely implant chips in pets all the time. My cat had a chip inserted when I picked him out at the human society, that the vet also scanned and can ID him by. Of course people will get up in arms about that; i think the biggest issue will be privacy concerns, since embedding chips in people is a "permanent" procedure and you can be tracked anywhere at that point. Still, if biometrics take off, they might not need the chip....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I wouldn't be surprised if we go in that direction, with the increase of technology and how things are changing. Passports already have an electronic component now (so they can be read in a scanner), and we routinely implant chips in pets all the time. My cat had a chip inserted when I picked him out at the human society, that the vet also scanned and can ID him by. Of course people will get up in arms about that; i think the biggest issue will be privacy concerns, since embedding chips in people is a "permanent" procedure and you can be tracked anywhere at that point. Still, if biometrics take off, they might not need the chip....
    ... the mark of the beast.