User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I'd like to know what the hell they're putting in food these days.

Because when I was a kid, this was my typical diet:

Breakfast: 3 bowls of Captain Crunch (and sprinkled sugar on top) or toaster waffles buttered on both sides
    Snacks: Lunchables, chips and 2 candy bars
    Lunch: School lunch + 2 packages of Hostess cupcakes
    Snacks: a milkshake and more chips
    Dinner: Taco Bell, Burger King, McDonalds or Panda Express
    Bedtime snack: a bunch of slim jims, and cake

This was every day. I also didn't exercise, because my biological parents would not let me outside as a little kid, because they assumed people were just WAITING to kidnap me.

And I was never fat...always skinny.

I thought kids had fast metabolisms by default, so there must be something going on with the food supply...hmm...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTP

My heart goes out to these obese children I mean really to have to put up with all that bullying, because mommy wants to treat you to Mcdonald's everyday. I support the Ad, and any parents who are against just can't handle the truth. The Ad is straightforward deal with it.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Corn syrup. And sugar addiction.
    Nobody ate such a carbo laden diet, in our grandparents day. Or great grandparents. I'm not in any position to be lecturing, but I battle with sugar addition everyday, and I have knowledge on my side. Some one who is less well read, well they won't understand why they are so damned hungry.
    Check out leptin research. My eyes were wide open after a life time of confusion.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Corn syrup. And sugar addiction.
    Nobody ate such a carbo laden diet, in our grandparents day. Or great grandparents. I'm not in any position to be lecturing, but I battle with sugar addition everyday, and I have knowledge on my side. Some one who is less well read, well they won't understand why they are so damned hungry.
    Check out leptin research. My eyes were wide open after a life time of confusion.
    corn syrup is a whole lot worse for you than plain sugar. I wished they'd ban it, plus everything tastes better when it's made with sugar vs corn syrup. not that you should eat a lot of sugar either
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post

Breakfast: 3 bowls of Captain Crunch (and sprinkled sugar on top) or toaster waffles buttered on both sides

This was every day. I also didn't exercise, because my biological parents would not let me outside as a little kid, because they assumed people were just WAITING to kidnap me.

I thought kids had fast metabolisms by default, so there must be something going on with the food supply...hmm...
    I think differing metabolisms and genetics must play a part in weight gain or loss.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    HLN Article

Ad Image
    I don't find anything wrong with this ad, in the sense of the message it sends to adults. Parents who do not address their child's weight problems or other health concerns, that can impact their long-term bio/psycho/social development, really irk me.

Children, however, may misinterpret it, & focus on feelings of shame rather than feel motivated to resolve their health problem. I'd say an ad like this may need a more overtly fun, encouraging, & positive approach, to adequately suit a primarily young recipient audience (like, if it were hung in a school nurse's office, etc).
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    i wonder how a fat girl looking at that feels. Probably feel like a discussting peice of trash. What a wonderful add
    That's what I was thinking. There's got to be some way to get the message across without humiliating overweight kids. They already get stigmatized enough as it is. I would think such an ad might make things worse.

You must have an unusually fast metabolism. Most people who eat like this everyday would probably have a weight problem.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I don't find anything wrong with this ad, in the sense of the message it sends to adults. Parents who do not address their child's weight problems or other health concerns, that can impact their long-term bio/psycho/social development, really irk me.

Children, however, may misinterpret it, & focus on feelings of shame rather than feel motivated to resolve their health problem. I'd say an ad like this may need a more overtly fun, encouraging, & positive approach, to adequately suit a primarily young recipient audience (like, if it were hung in a school nurse's office, etc).
    These ads are 1) on television, 2) on billboards, 3) on public posters outside bus stops etc. The C.H.A. says this is only Phase 1 and that Phase 2 (whatever that means) will be rolling out soon.

I'm concerned this ad campaign will erroneously give healthy weight children the impression that overweight children deserve their censure.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

So wait, there aren't any creative people in the graphic design department for the organization to come up with anything better?! They must be some insensitive graphic designers and some boring, lazy ones at that to make a gray portrait with a bold, typical company red. I think a complaint to the organization should be, or is, in affect. I agree with Lexicon on the posters, billboards, etc. should be fun and encouraging to get the message across. Heck, I think what would be awesome inspiration would be to draw from those strong, bold retro signs like Rosie the Riveter. They hardly make signs like that anymore.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

This was me as a kid as well... I doubt that the junk food has got that much junkier. Not all kids have "fast metabolisms." Even though I rarely allowed outside I was still burning off the calories because I just couldn't sit still for a second. I watched TV a ton but even then I was always tapping my feet or stretching my arms or pacing around the room, anything but still. Some kids will just turn total couch potato when they are watching TV or otherwise doing a "sitting" activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    So wait, there aren't any creative people in the graphic design department for the organization to come up with anything better?! They must be some insensitive graphic designers and some boring, lazy ones at that to make a gray portrait with a bold, typical company red. I think a complaint to the organization should be, or is, in affect. I agree with Lexicon on the posters, billboards, etc. should be fun and encouraging to get the message across. Heck, I think what would be awesome inspiration would be to draw from those strong, bold retro signs like Rosie the Riveter. They hardly make signs like that anymore.
    +9000 ... not necessarily insensitive or lazy but need some lessons on how to shock in advertising but in a positive way, that inspires more action.