User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post

2.) If her 58-year-old dead husband was the biological father of her baby, then its far more likely than not she and her baby are better off without him around. Just sayin'.
    I can't wait to hear your reason for this.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Because if he was the sort of man who impregnated a seventeen year-old girl (and likely dated her when she was even younger) when he was 57, then it seems highly likely that the dirty old man possesed a host of other character defects that would have negatively impacted the girl and her child's lives had he lived.

Yeah, I generally assume that 57 year-old men who date 17-year-old girls are likely degenerates and that such relationships tend to be highly unhealthy for the girls and any children involved. I'm such an unreasonable, close-minded and judgemental asshole.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I am surprised you want to hear a reason for it? The age difference is significant - 18 vs 58? And it's a detail sorely absent in most published reports of the incident, which I find of interest. Perhaps he was a kind and gentle man and they found true love? Perhaps he was an old skeeve? Perhaps that's irrelevant anyway?

But the age of her husband is a sidebar of interest to me solely because of the absence of the detail and the choice to show him as a much younger man in the news reports. I wonder why that's so ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

they were aremed with a 12 inch knofe so it is reasonable. A wounding shot shouldve been made but thats not my place to say. All im going to say is that the way the media presents it is jsut to sell another story. " Ok girl you did a great thing, now pick up the shotgun and we are going to film you holding it, ok hold steady YOUR A CELEBRITY NOW"http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fnews-26797925%252Foklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    The age difference is significant - 18 vs 58?
    For me, the age difference is significant mostly due to the likely character and mind-set of the man involved; I would still be unhappy if it were a 28 year-old man, but someone of that age is more likely to be a.) as much emotionally immature as predatory and b.) less habituated in their behavoir than 57-year-olds, and therefore more likely to mature and develop positive characteristics (and therefore contribute to a healthy family dynamic) going forward. A 57-year-old just screams 'exploitative and likely abusive predator' to me.

If the girl in question were, say, 22, then I might raise my eyebrows but otherwise wouldn't give it a second thought (yes, I consider that a huge difference in terms of emotional development and capacity for independence).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I am surprised you want to hear a reason for it? The age difference is significant - 18 vs 58? And it's a detail sorely absent in most published reports of the incident, which I find of interest. Perhaps he was a kind and gentle man and they found true love? Perhaps he was an old skeeve? Perhaps that's irrelevant anyway?

But the age of her husband is a sidebar of interest to me solely because of the absence of the detail and the choice to show him as a much younger man in the news reports. I wonder why that's so ...
    I just wonder why anyone would think a kid is better off with a dead parent, regardless of their age. Not so much about the mom and the age difference,.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

It's nice to hear some good news for a change.

Also, this is why I like to live in America, because when someone breaks into your house, you're allowed to defend yourself by means of death. In some other countires, this young women could have been jailed because governments don't want people murdering others ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    It's nice to hear some good news for a change.
    You would summarize this story as good news?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    You would summarize this story as good news?
    I meant the women defending herself and her child as well as the death of the home intruder, not the story itself. I mean overall I wish home invasions like this never occured in the first place, it's not fair to the innocent who don't want violence in their lives.

MBTI
    INTP

I just wonder why anyone would think a kid is better off with a dead parent, regardless of their age. Not so much about the mom and the age difference,.
    Like I said, the total age difference is only relevant due to the age of the mother, and therefore the likely circumstances, nature, and progression of the relationship. His death is certainly more traumatic for the mother in the short-term, but in all likelihood far greater emotional (and possibly even physical) damage would have been done to mother and child had he lived.