User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Paul, Romney, or Santorum.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/epolls/ia
    http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/pri...statebystate/r <----- current pledged and unpledged votes.

These are the Entrance Polls of the race between these three. Santorum and Romney are pretty much neck and neck when it comes to votes.

Santorum and Romney are essentially vying for the same types of votes (age-wise) while Paul seems to be big on the votes of those 39 and under (hell, if I was a Republican and a person in Iowa, I would be voting for Paul also).

I think, this type of aligning with the other states will be Santorum and Romney's undoing if they don't do something to appeal to the younger crowd, ESPECIALLY when their voting blocs are very similar in age category.

If Paul can appeal to the older generation, it makes his job a lot easier because he is the only one with a big lead with the younger voters (as oppose to the split of the older generation.) Basically, pick off the votes that is in both Romney and Santorum's bloc and keep the huge lead when it comes to the younger voting bloc.

This make me think of a recent incident that happen. The whole Obama vs McCain fiasco. It seems Paul learned about it while Romney and Santorum has stuck to more traditional routes like McCain did in the previous election.

------------------------------------------

In my eyes (and this poll,) the voters for Paul are both "moderate/liberal" and also sees him as a true conservative. Not to mention the huge slant of independent voters towards Paul. Seems pretty electable to me.

What do you guys think?

Update:

Iowa delegate votes:

Paul: 7
    Romney: 7
    Santorum: 7 +1 unpledged

Popular Vote:
    Paul: 26k
    Romney: 30k
    Santorum: 30k

Current stats (Both pledged + unpledged votes: )
    Paul: 7
    Romney: 18
    Santorum: 8
    Last edited by Rail Tracer; 01-04-2012 at 03:20 PM.

A window to the soul

I hope Romney has it locked. I'd like to get more return on my investment in the stylish "Romney for President" tee.

(Last year's fashion is for sissies.)

Ginkgo

Paul would be the kind of president that would have nutty, revenge craving fanatics ranting in the streets if he were to be assassinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Paul would be the kind of president that would have nutty, revenge craving fanatics ranting in the streets if he were to be assassinated.
    What do you mean? All the chunks of Tea Party backers are voting for Santorum!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Romney wins by *8* votes over Santorum, with over 30K for each?
    Wth?????

http://www.empireonline.com/features...es/default.asp

I know Santorum came out strong at the end because he offers a strong contrast to Romney and thus appeals to the right-wing conservative base, but.... wow. Maybe it's all that press coverage that Dan Savage has been giving him.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I don't think the younger votes are that relevant just based on their numbers, and it doesn't seem like Ron Paul is the type to budge just to cater to an older demography. Regardless, hopefully Ron Paul gets the seat. Wouldn't want my cousins getting bombed "accidentally..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I hope Romney has it locked. I'd like to get more return on my investment in the stylish "Romney for President" tee.

(Last year's fashion is for sissies.)
    ..seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Romney wins by *8* votes over Santorum, with over 30K for each?
    Wth?????

http://www.empireonline.com/features...es/default.asp

I know Santorum came out strong at the end because he offers a strong contrast to Romney and thus appeals to the right-wing conservative base, but.... wow. Maybe it's all that press coverage that Dan Savage has been giving him.
    Well, Santorum has only really been known through December and this month. Quite sure most of his votes in Iowa were of those who couldn't make up their minds until the last moment.

If anything, Romney is still in the best position right now.

It is between Abortion(Santorum,) Economy(Romney,) the Budget Deficit(Paul,) and the "person likely to beat Obama(Romney.")

Still very fixated on Obama I see.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I think, this type of aligning with the other states will be Santorum and Romney's undoing if they don't do something to appeal to the younger crowd, ESPECIALLY when their voting blocs are very similar in age category.

If Paul can appeal to the older generation, it makes his job a lot easier because he is the only one with a big lead with the younger voters (as oppose to the split of the older generation.) Basically, pick off the votes that is in both Romney and Santorum's bloc and keep the huge lead when it comes to the younger voting bloc.
    With all this strategy talk, which of the candidates is putting the needs of the country first, ahead of his own blind drive to get elected? Let each of them lay out their best case for what they can do for the nation. I care less about what each believes, than what each can actually accomplish.

Paul, Romney, or Santorum?

Might as well ask: Larry, Curly, or Moe?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Question : Considering how hard it is to challenge an incumbent president from the same party, if Romney wins the nomination, would the others actively help him win the presidency?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Question : Considering how hard it is to challenge an incumbent president from the same party, if Romney wins the nomination, would the others actively help him win the presidency?
    Generally (and grudgingly,) yes. Most of the people who were in the same party would generally support their respective party's nomination whether they like it or not.

While most people did not want Romney as the Republican nomination, I am almost certain most will change their views and support Romney when the time comes (that is if he does take up the seat for Republican nomination.) That is because a person from their own party would generally be better than a person from another.