User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    r u republykin luvr?
    I am not currently engaging in intercourse with a Republican, no.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    You realize if Paul decides to run 3rd party it's basically ensured that Obama serves another term?
    Yes I tend to agree. I would vote not because I thought the 3rd party would win but because I see little difference between Obama and the Republican (nonRon) candidate. The vote would be not simply for my conscience (or as an alternative to not voting at all) but would be an effort to push the Republican party in a different direction (Which the Nader vote seemed to have in a small degree as to the Democratic green vote)

Ideally the vote would be for Ron as the Republican nominee (albeit unlikely). A compromise I would make would be voting for the Republican nominee if Ron Paul or Rand Paul were named as the running mate.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    And never-mind the fact that our own government acknowledges that Iran doesn't have to have a missile that can reach us from Iran in order to pose a threat to us using nuclear weapons. They can do that from a boat. So it's a good thing they're so trustworthy. Way better than those devilish, war-mongering Jews.
    I'm sure we're going to let Iran launch nukes at us, it's not like we invented radar and the coast guard.

Do you know how many countries and leaders, now and throughout history, have attempted, threatened, and tried to gather the means for genocide against Israel and the Jewish people? Israel didn't start ANY of those wars. Anyone who threatens and begins to gather the means to wipe out an entire ethnic group should be taken seriously and pre-emptive self-defense undertaken, and they deserve everything they get. The holocaust should NEVER have happened - the Jews heard Hitler's claims, and the world heard Hilter's claims, and they didn't take him seriously, and let it happen once, and it was shameful.
    The phrase in bold is also called "Aggression". It's also shameful that Israel was created in the first place. Do you care about Darfur and East Timor as much as you care about a second attempt at Jewish genocide?

If someone attempts, or even threatens along with actions to gain the means for genocide again, the world should be knocking them the *bleep* down. Not giving the group trying to defend themselves a bunch of shit for it. Israel has been remarkably restrained all throughout its history compared to how the US would be. If this were a country that close to America talking like this to us we'd be going ape-shit. The double standard is sickening.
    The double-standard? The US would go ape-shit if Iran and the UN came into our country and demanded that we stop making nuclear weapons and shut down our nuclear power plants. We're the ones who put the double-standard in place by attacking Iraq and Afghanistan. There's lots of hypocrisy to go around with this particular issue, look up Iran-Contra for a good example.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post

Ideally the vote would be for Ron as the Republican nominee (albeit unlikely). A compromise I would make would be voting for the Republican nominee if Ron Paul or Rand Paul were named as the running mate.
    I wouldn't mind voting Republican if Paul was VP, but definitely not if Romney is the nominee. Lots of articles about how Republicans shouldn't be ignoring the bloc of 18-30 year old voters who make up the bulk of Paul supporters. On the other hand, I'm all for the emergence of a viable third-party, whether it's conservative or liberal, authoritarian or libertarian.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ABCNews: Trump to endorse Gingrich at event Thursday
    Well, there's the kiss of doom for Gingrich.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

figsfiggyfigs

The more I watch clips of Gingrich talk, the harder it is to believe this guy is trying to be serious.

MBTI
    INTP

The whole thing makes me sick. To think that one of these jokers will inevitably be our president... I don't like a single one, and it makes me mildly angry to think that middle America actually likes these guys. What the hell?

The devilish part of me just wants to see the whole damn place get steered into the ditch. Crash and burn, USA. But that's folly -- it wouldn't help anyone. To make life better we've all got to keep fighting for what we think is good and right.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    To make life better we've all got to keep fighting for what we think is good and right.
    Well, that's part of the problem there. Everyone has their own view of what is good and right.

The other thing is the current anti-incumbency wave that is sweeping across the world. While it's good to throw out the bums, we don't consider whether there is a viable alternative leader/party/messiah who can take over. Look at Egypt for example, or Libya. We need to think long and hard whether creating a power vacuum and the chaos associated with it is worth it.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-warns...084121910.html

Santorum warns voters of country's likely demise
    LAKEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Rick Santorum's campaign slogan could very well be one word: doomsday.

To hear him tell it, the United States will collapse under the weight of its health care system and basic freedoms will be history. Iran will annihilate Israel and then South Carolina if Iran isn't blocked from building a nuclear weapon. And divorce will yield higher taxes for all Americans.

Unless, of course, Republicans pick Santorum as the party's presidential nominee and he goes on to defeat President Barack Obama.

"Go back and read what the sirens did once you arrived on that island," Santorum warned students at Colorado Christian University this week, invoking mythology. "They devour you. They destroy you. They consume you."

"Ladies and gentleman we cannot listen to the siren song," he added. "We cannot listen to President Obama and we can't listen to those in our party who want to be just a little bit less than what the Democrats and the left is doing to our country..."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, there's the kiss of doom for Gingrich.
    ...Or is it?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).