User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Also, Iran is actively working on their nuclear weapon program? Should we really just become indifferent to that?
    We're broke. Now if you want to make personal contributions for a war against Iran, by all means, open your checkbook...but don't force me to open mine.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    They don't need us and we aren't exactly at any more risk from a nuclear Iran than we are from a nuclear N. Korea. Either way, if I had the choice between Iran having nukes and Israel, I'd choose Iran, because they have never invaded another country unprovoked. Do you know how many wars has Israel started?
    Wow. Just.... wow. Unprovoked??

"The accomplishment of a world without America and Israel is both possible and feasible."
    -- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iranian President

"We do not have homosexuals in Iran like you do [in America]."
    -- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iranian President, speaking at Columbia University on 24 September 2007, responding to the question why Iran executes homosexuals

Yeah, I agree. Nuclear weapons in the hands of these rational, friendly people can only be a good thing compared to Israel, our ally and similarly-minded western democracy. That's a totally rational assertion. They sure do sound like they'd never invade a country unprovoked. In fact, I'm sure they'd only use nuclear weapons for good. And never-mind the fact that our own government acknowledges that Iran doesn't have to have a missile that can reach us from Iran in order to pose a threat to us using nuclear weapons. They can do that from a boat. So it's a good thing they're so trustworthy. Way better than those devilish, war-mongering Jews.

"If they (Jews) all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide."
    -- Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary-General of Lebanon's Hezbollah (or "Party of God"), Daily Star, 23 October 2002 (i.e. Iran's outpost)

"Israel must be wiped off the map."
    -- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iranian President, 2005

Do you know how many countries and leaders, now and throughout history, have attempted, threatened, and tried to gather the means for genocide against Israel and the Jewish people? Israel didn't start ANY of those wars. Anyone who threatens and begins to gather the means to wipe out an entire ethnic group should be taken seriously and pre-emptive self-defense undertaken, and they deserve everything they get. The holocaust should NEVER have happened - the Jews heard Hitler's claims, and the world heard Hilter's claims, and they didn't take him seriously, and let it happen once, and it was shameful. If someone attempts, or even threatens along with actions to gain the means for genocide again, the world should be knocking them the *bleep* down. Not giving the group trying to defend themselves a bunch of shit for it. Israel has been remarkably restrained all throughout its history compared to how the US would be. If this were a country that close to America talking like this to us we'd be going ape-shit. The double standard is sickening.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post

"The accomplishment of a world without America and Israel is both possible and feasible."

-- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iranian President, speaking at Columbia University on 24 September 2007, responding to the question why Iran executes homosexuals

Yeah, I agree. Nuclear weapons in the hands of these rational, friendly people can only be a good thing compared to Israel, our ally and similarly-minded western democracy. That's a totally rational assertion. They sure do sound like they'd never invade a country unprovoked. In fact, I'm sure they'd only use nuclear weapons for good. And never-mind the fact that our own government acknowledges that Iran doesn't have to have a missile that can reach us from Iran in order to pose a threat to us using nuclear weapons. They can do that from a boat. So it's a good thing they're so trustworthy. Way better than those devilish, war-mongering Jews.

"If they (Jews) all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide."
    -- Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary-General of Lebanon's Hezbollah (or "Party of God"), Daily Star, 23 October 2002 (i.e. Iran's outpost)

Do you know how many countries and leaders, now and throughout history, have attempted, threatened, and tried to gather the means for genocide against Israel and the Jewish people? Israel didn't start ANY of those wars. Anyone who threatens and begins to gather the means to wipe out an entire ethnic group should be taken seriously and pre-emptive self-defense undertaken, and they deserve everything they get. The holocaust should NEVER have happened - the Jews heard Hitler's claims, and the world heard Hilter's claims, and they didn't take him seriously, and let it happen once, and it was shameful. If someone attempts, or even threatens along with actions to gain the means for genocide again, the world should be knocking them the *bleep* down. Not giving the group trying to defend themselves a bunch of shit for it. Israel has been remarkably restrained all throughout its history compared to how the US would be. If this were a country that close to America talking like this to us we'd be going ape-shit. The double standard is sickening.
    Use your own money to "save Israel", don't force me to use mine.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

figsfiggyfigs

r u a jew?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    ...I think Barack Obama has been a disappointment, and also vastly superior to anyone the GOP has selected.
    Wow, I think that's the most astute summary of Obama that I've read so far.

The reason Obama has been so disappointing is that he inherited a broken down legacy from the GOP and didn't push hard enough to actually change anything. At least, not to the extent that his campaign promised.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

After you called Israel "our ally and similarly-minded western democracy" I stopped reading. Like I said earlier, Iran hasn't started any wars. Israel has begun several. When you find an example of what Israel has ever done for the U.S. to make it a vital ally or worth propping up, please inform me. Thanks.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Gingrich wins South Carolina, how about that?
    That was a bit unexpected; I had more faith in South Carolina than apparently was warranted.
    I guess I'm too much a pollyana on occasion.

And it was, in fact, Santorum that won Iowa, that obscenely small margin.
    They claimed there was still ambiguity which could have easily thrown it back over, so a draw makes sense.
    However, they declared it for Romney with a much MORE obscene margin, originally, so the double standard is kind of pathetic.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Also, Iran is actively working on their nuclear weapon program? Should we really just become indifferent to that?
    What would you do if you discovered that another nation was developing nuclear weapons?

Which specific actions would you take?

Many have sat idly by while Pakistan, India, and even Israel produce these weapons of mass destruction, but how many more nations will seek this power?

And is it right for a nation to pursue or possess this power?

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    r u a jew?
    No.

figsfiggyfigs

No.
    r u republykin luvr?