User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    I don't like any of the GOP nominees. All of them give me that slimy toad feeling.

Romney will say anything to get votes.

Santorum is a bigot, did you see his face when Ron Paul during the debate went on that rant about us being too involved in other countries? Or any other debate when someone else is contradicting him. Screams "I don't appreciate or approve of other people's opinions." Then the whole ordeal about what he said about food stamps, welfare and redistributing wealth and "black people".

Ron Paul is the only sensible person that sticks to his guns and not to just what will get him votes. Another example of the two party system being broken. If anyone could vote for the primaries then his chances of winning would be significantly more. His beliefs and the two party system is what will do him in. Then if he runs for president as an independent after not getting the GOP nominee it will be a lot of damage to the republican party and Obama will win again...which arguably...considering the GOP candidates...wouldn't be a bad thing if Obama won again.

Do you really think Obama deserves another term in office? I don't see much to recommend him.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Do you really think Obama deserves another term in office? I don't see much to recommend him.
    As someone who can generally be called a left-winger, I think Barack Obama has been a disappointment, and also vastly superior to anyone the GOP has selected.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    As someone who can generally be called a left-winger, I think Barack Obama has been a disappointment, and also vastly superior to anyone the GOP has selected.
    I don't see much space between Obama and Romney, honestly. Especially economically. since Obama's administration is even more rife with Wall Streeters than Duba's ever was. Ironic that this will probably be one of the nastier general elections in recent memory, since there's not a dime's worth of substantive difference between those two.

If Romney is supposedly "like" Obama, I'll just stick with Obama. Quite honestly, there is not enough of a difference to me to want an even bigger Republican majority even if it is Romney. It is more of the same coming from the Republican field EXCEPT Ron Paul. But hey, his constituents think he is a looney/outside the mainstream Republican. Anyone else is just your typical social conservatives - I do not want.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I don't think any of the current candidates deserve the honor to occupy the same place that hold such names as Jefferson, Madison, both Roosevelt's, Lincoln, Wilson. There hasn't been a man or woman of their caliber to run for office in many years. The people who deserve power, run from it. Rare does it seem, that power itself seeks out a person who is capable of wielding it. Often it seems that people who are undeserving seek out power even though they are incapable of wielding it correctly.

Although, for pragmatism's sake. In this current election, we only have the choice of the lesser of two evils. For me, my opinion, having Obama in the white house another term will be less harmful than the demagogues in the GOP and their top down philosophy and prejudice tendencies. I could sit here and say similar things about the Democrats too, here we are back at the lesser of two evils situation.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    I don't think any of the current candidates deserve the honor to occupy the same place that hold such names as Jefferson, Madison, both Roosevelt's, Lincoln, Wilson. There hasn't been a man or woman of their caliber to run for office in many years. The people who deserve power, run from it. Rare does it seem, that power itself seeks out a person who is capable of wielding it. Often it seems that people who are undeserving seek out power even though they are incapable of wielding it correctly.
    Thank Tebow for that.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    If Romney is supposedly "like" Obama,
    Not exactly. He recently likened himself to Obama on CBS, but he was specifically comparing his job-cutting actions at Bain Capital investment to Obama’s auto industry bailouts where people were laid off to "save the business."

Romney is going for the win, so I'm guessing that was a calculated political strategy? :S

Do you think Romney is like Obama?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I'm not generally on board with many politicians, but Ron Paul would have my vote in a heartbeat.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Not exactly. He recently likened himself to Obama on CBS, but he was specifically comparing his job-cutting actions at Bain Capital investment to Obama’s auto industry bailouts where people were laid off to "save the business."

Romney is going for the win, so I'm guessing that was a calculated political strategy? :S

Do you think Romney is like Obama?
    Most likely, it is a safe bet that he is one of the candidates most likely to advance into the Republican nomination. The other assumption is that he is going to poster himself as a moderate so that he can get the more moderate-leaning democrats on his side if he can. Since he really don't need to convince the truly conservative base too much, he can go straight ahead with the second assumption considering even in the conservative states, he is being endorsed.

What better way to create a comparison between the two of how he is like Obama but also not like Obama? It is a great way to try to attract voters who might be going towards Obama to go with Romney. Still, I see both of them as particularly moderate leaning-"x."

Do I think Romney is like Obama? No. There are distinctions to be made that show similarities, but generally speaking, no. Their views make all the difference. Which is why, if it were between the two, I will still go with Obama.

Trying to come up with the right words. The "Bain Way", it makes me think that Romney wants to turn the government into a business.

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I'm not generally on board with many politicians, but Ron Paul would have my vote in a heartbeat.
    Me too, I registered as a Republican for the first time in 10 years because of Paul. I disagree with him on lots of issues, but he's correct on so many issues: "War on Drugs", the M.E. wars, over-extended military, etc, etc. I completely disagree with his desire to cut down federal government(Dept of Education, etc) but only because he wants to do it all at once. If he altered his message to say that he wants to cut military spending and foreign aid(which would allow us to cut taxes and still have money left over) and gradually, step-by-step cut social spending, then he could be a front-runner. Unfortunately, for someone as consistent and principled as Paul, there is almost no chance that he'll change his stance.

However, according to a recent poll, only Paul and Romney have a chance at beating Obama. If I can't vote for Paul in November, I'm going to vote Obama, because I'd rather have the economy collapse than have Obama-lite pushing us into a series of mini-recessions. As our economic "empire" collapses, people will have to learn to live without government help, and it's probably the second best thing that could happen.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”