User Tag List

First 1018192021 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Here's another good video, this one talking about all the fraud going on in Maine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcotu...eature=related
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/pressure-build...233351194.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican Rick Santorum began his presidential campaign by roaming Iowa in a pickup truck, boosted by peppy television ads that showed him walking through a garden with his wife and holding his youngest daughter.

Now, with his frustration apparently building over what he sees as slanted news coverage that favors Republican front-runner Mitt Romney, Santorum and his campaign are showing a dark side.

Over the weekend in Wisconsin, Santorum cursed at a New York Times reporter who the former Pennsylvania senator said had misinterpreted comments he had made about Romney.

And Santorum's campaign has released an online video that forecasts a looming apocalypse in small-town America if Democratic President Barack Obama is re-elected in November.

The stark and dramatic video, dubbed "Obamaville," (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDGORiD82rQ) portrays a nearly abandoned town with images of a child's shoe and an empty playground, a man holding a gas pump to his head, and an image of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that switches to one of Obama, then back to Ahmadinejad.

"Every day, the residents of this town must come to grips with the harsh reality that a rogue nation and sworn American enemy has become a nuclear threat," a narrator says. "Welcome to a place where one president's failed policies really hit home. Welcome to Obamaville."

The theatrics reflect how Santorum's campaign has become increasingly edgy as Romney has moved closer to the Republican nomination, and as party leaders' calls for the socially conservative Santorum to step aside have gotten louder....

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-paul-al...223345588.html

The campaigns of Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have filed a complaint alleging “serious and prejudicial misconduct” by supporters of rival Rick Santorum at the March 17 Missouri caucus that they say amounted to “voter suppression.”

The complaint, filed with the state Republican party and several caucus officials and dated Monday, demands that the state party refuse to recognize the delegates from Jefferson County, where the campaigns say the improprieties took place.

At that caucus site, the complaint says, Santorum supporters deliberately delayed the proceedings when they realized they were outnumbered by a combination of Romney and Paul supporters. After the Romney and Paul voters stormed out in frustration, the proceedings were allowed to resume, and by that time, Santorum voters had the edge, the complaint says...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

figsfiggyfigs

Gefus. He's losing it.

That last post Jefferson County is bizarre.

That is so cheap. Still, preferable to Santorumtown:

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    alright @Zarathustra, you convinced me the daily show was a bad source of information. 17/44 one-term presidents really isn't that unlikely (not sure how many of those died or got impeached in their first term though)... it also seem to be common in times of recession and depression. i guess it's plausible that Obama would be a one term president and that these elections aren't as much of a meaningless joke as i thought they'll be..
    I would still say momentum in the American political context gives a lot of boost to incumbent presidents. Take a look again at those 44 presidents: What has been the trend since World War II ? The only presidents to serve no more than 4 years (except those who died partway through) were Jimmy Carter and George Bush senior. We might even say that if Ross Perot hadn't taken 18% or so of the popular vote, Bush might have (maybe? not sure) received enough of those votes to be re-elected.

But then again, I don't know. I could see the presidency switching, now that I think about it.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...105729939.html

President Barack Obama has pulled out front of Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum in Florida and Ohio, a Quinnipiac University Poll out Wednesday shows, while Pennsylvania remains too close to call.

Here's what the numbers show about the three battleground states:

Florida: Obama tops Romney 49 — 42 percent, and he beats Santorum 50 — 37 percent.
    Ohio: Obama leads Romney 47 — 41 percent, and he is out front of Santorum 47 — 40 percent.
    Pennsylvania, which is Santorum's home state: Obama edges Romney 45 — 42 percent, and he tops Santorum 48 — 41 percent.
    Two months ago Obama and Romney were in a statistical tie in Ohio and Florida.

Women voters are making a difference for Obama, according to the poll. They back the president 6 to 19 percentage points in the three states. Most matchups among men are too close to call.

"President Barack Obama is on a roll in the key swing states. If the election were today, he would carry at least two states. And if history repeats itself, that means he would be re-elected," said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

"The biggest reason for the president's improving prospects probably is the economy. Roughly six in 10 voters in all three states think the economy is recovering. Moreover, voters blame the oil companies and oil-producing countries for the rise in gasoline prices and only about one in six voters blame them on President Obama."...
    ... he knows how to schmooze the ladies.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

weak minded philosophical zombies. People who vote for santorum, gingrinch or romney are complete idiots. People who vote for obama are slightly less stupid.
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry, for a minute there I thought you were gmanyo...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...105729939.html

... he knows how to schmooze the ladies.
    Maybe because he isn't as adamant about a women's body as the other candidates?

Ohhhh the political theater about defining what you can and cannot do to the woman's insides.

It is astounding hearing about what they do to woman in other states that it is giving the saying "putting a woman in her place" a whole new meaning.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This was too amusing not to share:

And Finally, Ann Romney and the inappropriate self-disclosure fan bus made a stop at a Baltimore radio station this week. Mrs. Romney was asked about her husband's unyielding game face, "Do you have to fight back some criticism, like 'my husband isn't stiff, ok'?" Caught on the defensive, she laughed and responded, "Well, you know, I guess we better unzip him and let the real Mitt Romney out because he is not!"...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-pl...110127753.html