User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Well, Santorum has only really been known through December and this month. Quite sure most of his votes in Iowa were of those who couldn't make up their minds until the last moment.

If anything, Romney is still in the best position right now.

It is between Abortion(Santorum,) Economy(Romney,) the Budget Deficit(Paul,) and the "person likely to beat Obama(Romney.")

Still very fixated on Obama I see.
    There was a cbs poll recently that showed both paul and romney could beat obama. Romney is not good on economic issues, he's good at doing whatever people want him to do. Paul is too libertarian for me(sort of) and santorum is a complete weirdo. Honestly, I'd almost rather have obama back in office so we can get this next depression out of the way. It's kinda what we need.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

FigerPuppet

Ron Paul should be beaten with a gold bar, and I cannot stop associating "Santorum" with something filthy and feces-related (thank you Dan Savage). I definitely prefer Romney over any of the other nutcases.

MBTI
    INFP

Which Romney? He'll say one thing then the other, whatever gets him elected, and his Goldman Sachs buddies further in power

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Which Romney? He'll say one thing then the other, whatever gets him elected, and his Goldman Sachs buddies further in power
    The Romney that tells Smileyman what he wants to hear.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I don't understand how people look at Romney, Santorum, Cain, etc. and not get the feeling that they're all scuzzbuckets.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I'm betting Romney will get the nomination. I'd like to see Paul get the nomination, though I'm not sure whether or not I'd vote for him in the general election. If Santorum were ever to become president, I fear that America will officially have become not only the laughing stock of the industrialized world, but a lost cause.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Ron Paul should be beaten with a gold bar, and I cannot stop associating "Santorum" with something filthy and feces-related (thank you Dan Savage). I definitely prefer Romney over any of the other nutcases.
    Ron Paul isn't even in favor of a return to the gold standard anymore.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Ron Paul isn't even in favor of a return to the gold standard anymore.
    That he was a few years ago should make anybody question how fit he is to lead the country.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    That he was a few years ago should make anybody question how fit he is to lead the country.
    I'm sure Romney supported returning to the gold standard in the past. He has held every possible position on every possible issue at some point.

I think Romney's supporters like him because he "looks like a president". It couldn't be because of his stance on any issues since no one really knows where he stands on anything, not even Mitt.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Pay Attention

Whoever wins will first have to pay one thousand million US dollars to get our attention.

And this is as it should be as we live in the Attention Economy where attention is scarce, and so we compete for attention, and indeed, we pay attention.