First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    this is stuck in my head now. i hate you.
    OMG. I would effing' freak out if that song got stuck in my head.

Thankfully I was able to brainflush it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    No offense, but if you think Rick Santorum would be the best President, I don't think you are someone making a highly educated political decision either.
    THIS. Perfectly stated.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I realize that. It's a shame, because he's the best and most politically competent candidate running right now. I wouldn't expect the country to pick the best for anything though, whether it be film, music, politics, etc.
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion...

But when your party's establishment and most thoughtful writers gasp at the thought of you holding that much power and characterize you as running around with a grenade in your hand, pulling the pin, and saying, "check this out", well, there are some doubts not only as to whether you'll win your party's nomination, but as to whether you're actually suitable for the Presidency. I'm glad Newt was in the running and had the chance to throw his brand of crazy into the mix, and it could've been interesting to see him debate Obama, but, let's be real, the guys got a lot of skeletons in his closet, and, as expected, they proved too much for him to realistically gain the nomination.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I realize that. It's a shame, because he's the best and most politically competent candidate running right now. I wouldn't expect the country to pick the best for anything though, whether it be film, music, politics, etc.
    What do you mean by politically competent? Are you referring to how he changed his ideology (the original Gingrich was an environmentally friendly liberal Republican) after losing several elections in the 70s? Or are you talking about how he was pressured to resign from Congress by his own party in the late 90s?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hold up, I've found a winner.

"We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Wow...

Just... wow...

I love how they thought the guy at 1:58 would be a good way of, you know, gettin the guys into it, too...

Cuz who more to look up to than the old creepy dude singing and dancing with way too much enthusiasm behind the young girls....

You gotta love when these videos come out and you can see the internets' instant reaction from the like/unlike ratio.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    at this point I'm (unfortunately) thinking Obama is going to win =(
    You know, I thought so too...but with a proper campaign it might not happen.

It depends on how well the republicans run their campaign.

For starters:
    -Concentrate on religion. Have him answer religious questions. (I'm pretty sure Obama is a closest Atheist...). Apparently he "found god" in his late 20s. Grill him on that.
    -Quietly spread rumors that he is an Atheist....or was an Atheist. He seems pretty determined to not let his faith and his politics mix. The American people, I think, could be swayed into thinking this isn't exactly right.
    -Get into the whole "anti christ" thing...but distance the actual campaign from that.

From there;
    -Grill him on his politics as it relates to religion. Israel, Iran etc.
    -Force him into a position on these issues....take the opposite side.
    -Tie it all back to his "questionable faith".

The goal is to label him a "foreign loving closet Atheist whose sympathies lay more with the global community than with strictly American interests at a time where America is in dire need of taking care of itself". I don't think this is actually that far off from the truth (which is why, ironically, I'd support him) and the questioning and politicking, coupled with the whole "doomsday 2012/anti christ/religion dogma" could set up a nice pathway for the republicans.

I've read that Atheists are the least electable demographic in America (in second place, Chinese people...which I find hilarious..), so if you can get a base group of people voting against him for that reason, and you add up all the conservatives...we might be looking at a Romney presidency. It will at least give him a fighting chance.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    You know, I thought so too...but with a proper campaign it might not happen.
    It depends on how well the republicans run their campaign.
    For starters:
    -Concentrate on religion. Have him answer religious questions. (I'm pretty sure Obama is a closest Atheist...). Apparently he "found god" in his late 20s. Grill him on that.
    -Quietly spread rumors that he is an Atheist....or was an Atheist. He seems pretty determined to not let his faith and his politics mix. The American people, I think, could be swayed into thinking this isn't exactly right.
    -Get into the whole "anti christ" thing...but distance the actual campaign from that.

From there;
    -Grill him on his politics as it relates to religion. Israel, Iran etc.
    -Force him into a position on these issues....take the opposite side.
    -Tie it all back to his "questionable faith".

The goal is to label him a "foreign loving closet Atheist whose sympathies lay more with the global community than with strictly American interests at a time where America is in dire need of taking care of itself". I don't think this is actually that far off from the truth (which is why, ironically, I'd support him) and the questioning and politicking, coupled with the whole "doomsday 2012/anti christ/religion dogma" could set up a nice pathway for the republicans.

I've read that Atheists are the least electable demographic in America (in second place, Chinese people...which I find hilarious..), so if you can get a base group of people voting against him for that reason, and you add up all the conservatives...we might be looking at a Romney presidency. It will at least give him a fighting chance.
    that's not the issue I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Libertarians quickly becoming the Bull Moose Party of the 21st century. if Ron Paul does not win the nomination, Ron Paul supporters are still going to vote for Ron Paul, the vote will be split and Obama will win by plurality.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP

I predict Ron Paul will receive fewer votes in 2012 than Nader

I do not believe Nader is running a campaign

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's not the issue I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Libertarians quickly becoming the Bull Moose Party of the 21st century. if Ron Paul does not win the nomination, Ron Paul supporters are still going to vote for Ron Paul, the vote will be split and Obama will win by plurality.
    I'm not sure Ron Paul supporters are as significant as they like to think. If, theoretically, Ron Paul were to endorse a candidate..or run under him...does that give that candidate an definitive edge? I really don't think so.

Society

how often does america actually not re-elect the existing president? i don't remember exactly but i though it was one of the rarest events in american history...

FYI - i think the only guy their who could possibly steal enough voters from the center and even some of the democrats is paul, and he isn't going to win the nomination.