User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Thought this was interesting -- Santorum lost a lot of Catholics to Romney in Ohio:

Rick Santorum, a conservative Catholic who is outspoken about faith-based issues, lost Catholic voters by a wide margin in Ohio on Tuesday, potentially a key factor that allowed Mitt Romney to squeak out the narrowest of victories overall in the state.

According to CNN's exit polls, Romney took 43% of Ohio Catholics on Super Tuesday, compared to 31% for Rick Santorum, and Romney beat Santorum overall by 38% to 37%.

Catholic voters accounted for a third of Ohio's Republican electorate, the largest share of Catholics in any Super Tuesday state.

"The margin of Romney's win among Ohio Catholics is surprising, given Santorum's traditional Catholicism," says John Green, a political science professor at the University of Ohio. "Romney's margin among Ohio Catholics - especially in the three largest metropolitan areas - may account for his close win in Ohio."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Is it a given that most of Gingrich's votes will go to Santorum because they are "Anyone but Romney" votes?
    I believe it is generally true, both because Gingrich is a not Romney candidate and because he and Santorum arre both posturing for the hard conservative persona against Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Pretty much we're going to watch Romney take the nomination and then be crushed in the main event. I put him in the same category, generally, as Bob Dole in 1996.
    I'm not that optimistic. Obama could still lose, but it's basically going to be him versus circumstance. The 2012 ballot might as well ask "should Obama still be president" with a yes or no. The Republican candidate has become irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Technically it's a four-way. Realistically, Santorum will grab a few more southern states, but his strength is his weakness -- he's just too darn hard-right to appeal to the bulk of his base. Gingrich might win another state or two; Paul might not win anything; and right now Santorum is trying to pressure Gingrich's supporters to dump him for Santorum, since he would have won Ohio if Gingrich hadn't been running there.
    And Michigan.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm not that optimistic. Obama could still lose, but it's basically going to be him versus circumstance. The 2012 ballot might as well ask "should Obama still be president" with a yes or no. The Republican candidate has become irrelevant.
    Not entirely. i think many moderates would vote against Santorum if he were the candidate, because he's so extreme. Since Romney isn't so extreme, if he wins the nom, then it's more a referendum on Obama as you are suggesting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

at this point I'm (unfortunately) thinking Obama is going to win =(
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Hold up, I've found a winner.

Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hold up, I've found a winner.

this is stuck in my head now. i hate you.

MBTI
    ISTx

I want Gingrich in office.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Also, I think Romney will win the nomination.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I want Gingrich in office.
    Ain't gunna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Also, I think Romney will win the nomination.
    That much should be obvious.

Except that if/when Gingrich bows out, then Santorum has a shot (which is scary).

Quote Originally Posted by EvidenceOfRedemption View Post
    Obama will be re-elected but Santorum would be the best president. I think it would be very interesting to see what a president with character integrity could do in office... You all seem to forget that the majority of United States citizens are not people who are making a highly educated political decision when they go into the voting booth.
    No offense, but if you think Rick Santorum would be the best President, I don't think you are someone making a highly educated political decision when you are entering a voting booth.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Ain't gunna happen.
    I realize that. It's a shame, because he's the best and most politically competent candidate running right now. I wouldn't expect the country to pick the best for anything though, whether it be film, music, politics, etc.