User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Respectful, admiring, cautious, qualifying.

Now ask me what I think about blind hate for the rich.
    what do you think about blind hate for the rich?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Respectful, admiring, cautious, qualifying.

Now ask me what I think about blind hate for the rich.
    Caution makes sense, although I suspect you mean this in an wonder and awe sense, which I wouldnt.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

On a more shallow level, they intimidate me. If they lose $20k on something unexpected, they're out something cool.. if I lose $20k on something, I've lost an entire year's worth of hard work and sweat.. Considering all of my belongings combined probably cost somewhere between $30-40k including my car, it's hefty. There's something scary about people not batting an eyelash at sums of money.. it is just a sort of power I will never have or recognize..
    They also intimidate me on their very different lifestyles... I think I'd be nervous on how to act and what to say if I ever had to go to a richer, fancier dinner party sort of thing.. I'd probably make an ass of myself to at least one person.

But that sort of thing is all shallower.. in the end, I don't much care. Poor people do dastardly things to get what they want sometimes--and so do rich people. I don't think money is an account of character persay.. but the socialization of that person will be different.

What I truly think about rich people is the sheer confusion I get from them. From the insane stunts, to the effed-up spoiled kids, to the decision-making process that makes me tilt my head, and finally to the greedy and over-arrogance.. It just seems like those things are more rampant in that sort of environment where survival and community just isn't as big of a deal with the luxury of money being there. At least, that's how it seems... I'm not rich, so I don't tend to get to socialize with them often.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    IsFJ

I admit I'm a little intimidated by opulence. When I visit a pretty wealthy relative's huge house, I feel kinda lost. And small.

Or maybe I just find the coffee table books kinda tacky.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I love rich people. they're confident, they're extravagant, they make good conversation, they don't have all these should's and supposed to's (usually) and i tend to fit in in places that are high profile. I also appreciate the politeness and hospitality and "who cares if it's expensive if it's fun" approach to life. being stingy and unnecessarily frugal is not noble, it only results in boredom, restriction and lost opportunity costs.
    that being said, how they got their wealth is important too.
    rich entrepreneurs: some of the most awesome people on the planet
    rich people who made their money from appearances, politics and manipulation: some of the most despicable people on the planet
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    One of my biggest criteria with regard to my feelings toward people is how they treat me/how they have behave toward me.
    I'm not really concerned about how much money they have.
    ^this. money is nothing but lens into one's true character. if a rich person is nice to a person who is economically/strategically unimportant to them (such as a waiter in a restaurant where they're sure none of their associates are present) then you know it' because they genuinely want to. it's almost like people view people as inherent ass holes who need to be kept in check by financial restraints and that rich people are just regular assholes who are allowed to be assholes because they're not accountable to anyone. this is of course complete BS as there are several rich and poor people alike who genuinely have no desire to be a jerk.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    and i tend to fit in in places that are high profile.
    ^this.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I never gave it any thought, certainly not about being frightened by them, or the poor for that matter.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    ^this.

I just get a vibe of "I respect myself, have integrity and don't feel bad about enjoying myself" from high profile places that I really relate to. most places I go to give me a sense of "oh, don't mind me, I'm just your (false) humble, average guy who isn't anything special" (boring )
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

it depends, there are a ton of different types of rich people.

i probably appreciate self-made people, who earned their money by doing something important or creative the most. and who don't rub their money in other people's faces, or are at least generous with it.

i have no respect for stuck-up people who have been rich their whole lives, completely take it for granted, look down on people who aren't at their status, and have never done anything to deserve it.

this doesn't just apply to "the 1%" or super wealthy people, upper middle class people too.