User Tag List

First 123

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Well, I don't think NAFTA alone is a good argument for believing the government is out to dissolve our borders.
    See, if you had merely said this at the outset, I wouldn't have even replied. It is the use of the term "conspiracy theorist" as a debate tactic to try and discredit others that really irritates me. I cannot respect people who do this. It is like label something with "conspiracy theory" and no more thinking required.

If we are going to throw labels around, I would say I get really tired of coincidence theorists who work overtime to prove everything is always a coincidence.

I think the situation warrants keeping an eye on what goes on, especially since the media seems to be purposely ignoring the issue for the most part.

EDIT to add:

Okay, my husband granted me his view on this and his J puts it into more order than I do:

1. we cannot yet know the outcome of all of this talk of NAU and the SSPs
    2. Always err on the side of protecting the US Constitution.
    3. Keep reading ALL the information and keep a wary eye
    4. judge them by their fruits and not their words, the actions tell the story more than the words. They always carefully phrase what they say to make it as palatable to the average person as possible while legalistically being able to say they made us aware of what they were doing all along.

MBTI
    OMNi

Ahhhhh! Leap frogging posts! It's the work of the evil Heart Commission! They are out to confuse poor Kiddo and take over the world in the process!

Ok, seriously, I get your point. It's rude of me to dismiss people off the cuff. In the future I will try to be more open to discussion and less prone to labeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Oh, is that all? The conversations with my family is usually dominated by discussion about what the government and private entities are doing to control or destroy us. I've proven so many of these theories to be hoaxes and myths that I don't even try anymore. And my family detests when I do it because as they say I'm just "trying to prove I know more than them" and I'm "so controlled that I don't even know it." It's enough to make even the most tempered and sensitive INFJ lose their cool.
    The theories themselves help discredit any questioning of what goes on in current events beyond what the news tells us to think. People seem to get into a fallacy of it is either A) the mainstream verision or B) the so -called conspriacy version. and that is where they stop thinking and they limit the possible views of the situation.

There is often no way to prove or disprove any of this, people just have to keep an open mind and try to gain as much information about current events as possible, being aware that there are no truly objective sources of information out there, be they mainstream or alternative.

MBTI
    intp

I can appreciate that bottom line
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

First of all Annuit Coeptis, your first link about the EU is complete piffle, so I did not even bother reading your other links.

On the subject of the 'Amero', it won't be introduced at least for a hundred years, if ever. You see North America is a lot different from EU geographically and financially.

The introduction of the 'Amero' would be to nobodies interest. In any union, Mexico and Canada would get absolutely dominated. As unlike any country in the EU, the USA has an economy and population larger than the rest of its continent combined. Canada and Mexico would also have considerably less bargaining power in economic decisions.

I also don't really understand what the US would get out of it either. The US dollar is a global currency, the introduction of the 'Amero' would risk the US position as a dominate economic power, by causing a shift towards the Euro, Yen, or the Renminbi.

The US economy is already in a shambles, just imagine what would happen if it had to evaporate the Mexican economy any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Annuit Coeptis View Post
    How Close Are We To Becoming Another EU? Compare These Facts . . .

The European Union (EU) began as a Coal and Steel Free Trade Agreement in 1951.
    The NAU began as NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1994.

Then the EU morphed into the European Economic Community (EEC).
    Before the U.S. Congress, CFR member Dr. Robert Pastor calls for a North American Community.

Once the EEC became established, it then morphed into the Common Market.
    Now that NAFTA is established, it has morphed into the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP).

Britain joined the so called 'Common Market' in January, 1973 which then morphed into the European Union (EU).
    The Security and Prosperity Partnership, begun in March 2005, is morphing into the North American Union (NAU).

The EU already has a single currency called the Euro.
    The plan is for our single currency to be called the Amero.

The EU's UNELECTED and UNACCOUNTABLE 'leaders,' are an elite plutocracy, who do not answer to the people.
    Hmm.

Last I checked I still had pounds in my wallet, not euros. A nation that has its own laws, military and rights to exist. It agrees to share some common decencies (European Human Rights Act) and some rather sillier ones (common farming policies) but nothing that threatens sovereignty.

The EU's UNELECTED and UNACCOUNTABLE leaders, are elected, in most instances. They also have little real power.

I am not sure why North America acting like the EU would be a bad thing. A common currency with a fixed rate of exchange might be good for the area. Let each country manage it's own nations, and just agree on some basic human rights that are obligatory. A great example in Europe is where countries, like Turkey, are being forced through peer pressure to improve their human rights records in order to get a chance of joining the club. But never forget it's just a club.

Oh, and an important thing.. and difference. The EU was formed to economically tie the countries together so closely that the costs of going to war would prevent World War 3... and 4 etc. The risk was that they would just keep fighting each other as they had for a thousand years. So far, it has worked. The other stuff is just window dressing. This, so far, isn't needed with Canada/US/Mexico.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The theories themselves help discredit any questioning of what goes on in current events beyond what the news tells us to think. People seem to get into a fallacy of it is either A) the mainstream verision or B) the so -called conspriacy version. and that is where they stop thinking and they limit the possible views of the situation.

There is often no way to prove or disprove any of this, people just have to keep an open mind and try to gain as much information about current events as possible, being aware that there are no truly objective sources of information out there, be they mainstream or alternative.
    Yes, but the way that the way I read the OP it sounded like she was saying, "This is the way it is, and if you don't believe me then you have your ears and eyes closed." I seldom watch main stream, and I get more than an earful about the conspiracy. I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, but those who pick either side and declare they know the "truth" are the farthest thing from open minded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzon View Post
    Ohh I know this one, INTP!

This is the phototyping thread right?
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't find a website solely devoted to stopping this "North American Union" thing to be a particularly valid source of information on the issue.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp

YouTube - Ron Paul Gets Home Run From CNN on CFR-NAU Question

Stimulating two minute video of this issue on a national cnn debate.
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.