User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

I come from a family of conspiracy theorists so I've heard everything you have mentioned before. In fact, everyone of the conspiracy theories I mentioned in my post does actually exist on the internet. Look them up if you don't believe me. The difference between myself and my family is I have taken the time to research these theories. The evidence is lacking and much of it is just speculation. In fact, it is one of my goals in life to perpetrate an internet hoax one day that will prove once and for all that the people who believe this shit are just a bunch of nuts who lack the most fundamental critical thinking skills. It will give me great pleasure after fooling hundreds of thousands of conspiracy theorists by simply creating web pages, videos, etc. about some obviously false claim, to then come clean and show them for the fools they are. And the funniest part is that even many years later, the most hardcore conspiracy theorists will still believe in the hoax and will disregard my coming clean as a distraction from the "truth".
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I come from a family of conspiracy theorists so I've heard everything you have mentioned before. In fact, everyone of the conspiracy theories I mentioned in my post does actually exist on the internet. Look them up if you don't believe me. The difference between myself and my family is I have taken the time to research these theories. The evidence is lacking and much of it is just speculation. In fact, it is one of my goals in life to perpetrate an internet hoax one day that will prove once and for all that the people who believe this shit are just a bunch of nuts who lack the most fundamental critical thinking skills. It will give me great pleasure after fooling hundreds of thousands of conspiracy theorists by simply creating web pages, videos, etc. about some obviously false claim, to then come clean and show them for the fools they are. And the funniest part is that even many years later, the most hardcore conspiracy theorists will still believe in the hoax and will disregard my coming clean as a distraction from the "truth".

Ok...

But still, why don't you clearly tell me WHAT I have said that is untrue? Can't we have a debate, or am I not worth your time?
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post

Ok...

But still, why don't you clearly tell me WHAT I have said that is untrue? Can't we have a debate, or am I not worth your time?

Let's be clear:
    Is your position is that the NAU is not being formed?
    Or is it that the NAU is being formed, but that it isn't a threat?

If neither of these are your positions, then we are in agreement.
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Annuit Coeptis View Post
    Ok...

Ok. You want a link debate. Here ya go.

Killing the North American Union Conspiracy - HUMAN EVENTS
    Debunking the North American Union Conspiracy Theory | ForeignPolicy | AlterNet
    StormWarning’s Counterterrorism

heart on fire

Hey, Mr. Fox, uh is everything okay with the chickens today?

From the horse's mouth:

Building a North American Community - Council on Foreign Relations

The CFR document that the above article referenced:

May 2005 report of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), titled “Building a North American Community."

Quotes from document: "The Task Force’s central recommendation is the establishment by 2010 of a North American economic and security community, the boundaries of which would be defined by a common external tariff and an outer security perimeter. (page xvii)

Its (the North American Community’s) boundaries will be defined by a common external tariff and an outer security perimeter within which the movement of people, products, and capital will be legal, orderly, and safe. Its goal will be to guarantee a free, secure, just, and prosperous North America. (page 3)

While each country must retain its right to impose and maintain unique regulations consonant with its national priorities and income level, the three countries should make a concerted effort to encourage regulatory convergence.

The three leaders highlighted the importance of addressing this issue at their March 2005 summit in Texas. The Security and Prosperity Partnership for North America they signed recognizes the need for a stronger focus on building the economic strength of the continent in addition to ensuring its security. To this end, it emphasizes regulatory issues. Officials in all three countries have formed a series of working groups under designated lead cabinet ministers. These working groups have been ordered to produce an action plan for approval by the leaders within ninety days, by late June 2005, and to report regularly thereafter. (pages 23-24)"

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Hey, Mr. Fox, uh is everything okay with the chickens today?

From the horse's mouth:

Building a North American Community - Council on Foreign Relations

The CFR document that the above article referenced:
    So have you actually read the report?

http://www.cfr.org/content/publicati...a_TF_final.pdf

heart on fire

Yes, I did. It didn't make me feel any better about being leveled with Mexico, lol. I also don't imagine many Canadians want to be leveled with us.

MBTI
    OMNi

Yes, I did. It didn't make me feel any better about being leveled with Mexico, lol. I also don't imagine many Canadians want to be leveled with us.
    Well, I don't think NAFTA alone is a good argument for believing the government is out to dissolve our borders.

MBTI
    INTJ

1. It is not in American politician's interest to do so
    2. You should want some kind of union if you want any hope of competing in the world
    3. A union with Brazil and Chile is at least equally, if not more likely, than a union with Mexico

I mean, really, think about it. If the U.S. and Mexico joined together, Mexico would have virtually no say in the politics of the joint nation. It was an act of God that NAFTA even passed in the U.S. and was probably strongly related to the fact that a Democrat did it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    OMNi

See, if you had merely said this at the outset, I wouldn't have even replied. It is the use of the term "conspiracy theorist" as a debate tactic to try and discredit others that really irritates me. I cannot respect people who do this. It is like label something with "conspiracy theory" and no more thinking required.

If we are going to throw labels around, I would say I get really tired of coincidence theorists who work overtime to prove everything is always a coincidence.

I think the situation warrants keeping an eye on what goes on, especially since the media seems to be purposely ignoring the issue for the most part.
    Oh, is that all? The conversations with my family is usually dominated by discussion about what the government and private entities are doing to control or destroy us. I've proven so many of these theories to be hoaxes and myths that I don't even try anymore. And my family detests when I do it because as they say I'm just "trying to prove I know more than them" and I'm "so controlled that I don't even know it." It's enough to make even the most tempered and sensitive INFJ lose their cool.

I'm not saying that people should stick their heads in the ground, but it only took me 20 seconds to type in "Debunking North American Union" into google and get thousands of results which provide counterarguments to the theory. I could also google the names of the people who write about the conspiracy and find out if they are credible or just a bunch of nuts who spend all their time doing the Dale Gribble thing.

I like to keep my ear to the ground on issues like this, but once people start trying to pass their speculation on as fact, then it really gets under my skin.

Edit: whoa, I know I'm sleepy, but did heart's post just disappear?