User Tag List

123 Last

Default Kim Jong-il Is Dead

Poor Hitchens did not live to see it.

Does anyone anywhere have any clue what Kim Jung-un is like? They're so tightlipped about affairs there I can't find squat online.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

the guy from the country that created this??

Im so torn...the towers are actually kinda pretty.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Does anyone anywhere have any clue what Kim Jung-un is like? They're so tightlipped about affairs there I can't find squat online.
    Probably worse even than his father. Even if Kim Jong-Il liked to prance around and pretend to be a god king, he did have at least some sense of how his country was viewed by the outside world, I don't know how well his son would understand that, especially if he was behind the sinking of the south korean ship that happened recently, as some suspect.
    Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    the guy from the country that created this??

Im so torn...the towers are actually kinda pretty.
    It hasn't been created yet, but it has been slated for development. And technically, you have a Dutch architect to thank for that design.

Additional Note: I also seriously doubt the planners were oblivious to it's striking similarities to our historical tragedy. I don't doubt for a moment that it isn't beneath the Korean government to cook up such a design to provoke our sentiments while having the convenience of feigning ignorance and dreaming up some bullsh*t about "a cloud-like vision" blah blah blah.
    Last edited by iwakar; 12-19-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Additional Note
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    It hasn't been created yet, but it has been slated for development. And technically, you have a Dutch architect to thank for that design.
    Very true, but it is also true that you need someone who gives the money for such projects. In some countries they don't know what to do with their money otherwise (thinking about the sheikh countries), and in some the building gets built at the cost of the powerless people, like in the past ages (pyramids built by slaves for example) or now in some countries where the deciders don't give a shit about people living in poverty or so. In the western countries such projects will rarely be planned by governments on their own right now, because they lack already the money for other important things. At best you will find some private investors doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Very true, but it is also true that you need someone who gives the money for such projects. In some countries they don't know what to do with their money otherwise (thinking about the sheikh countries), and in some the building gets built at the cost of the powerless people, like in the past ages (pyramids built by slaves for example) or now in some countries where the deciders don't give a shit about people living in poverty or so. In the western countries such projects will rarely be planned by governments on their own right now, because they lack already the money for other important things. At best you will find some private investors doing something.
    ?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

What I wanted to say is that of course the design is the work of the architect, but such projects get only made when someone wants to give the money to get it done. Personally I have my doubts if you should always thank someone for giving money into such projects when it goes at the cost of more important things.

I get the damndest feeling that I was talking about pastrami, but you thought I was talking about hurricane windows and so are providing further context with meteorological data, so I feel like this:

/questionable metaphors/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I am sorry, I was only picking on your sentence that it is the work of the architect which I wanted to use as my starting point for my post which was rather directed on yakimadude who you answered to