User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 39 of 39

  1. #31
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    LOL, this is the definition of irony.

    You made a blanket, judgmental statement in a vehement tone without any qualifiers, whatsoever. And when people call you on it, you claim those people are judging you unfairly. I highly suggest you buy a mirror. Otherwise you're going to have a very difficult life.
    idgaf because i can tell when someone is ignorant and chooses to neglect perceiving things.
    1+1=3 OMFG

  2. #32
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    LOL it's not irrelevant just because you don't know itXD silly judgers. I beleive there is certain characteristics that lead into ascension, and not your typical deffinition of it. All life is evolving but in which direction? let's not further this discussion. it will go nowhere
    Evolution has no ultimate goal. It has no "direction".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  3. #33
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    idgaf because i can tell when someone is ignorant and chooses to neglect perceiving things.
    I see, you're just a troll then. Bravo.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  4. #34
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    judge judge jduge judge
    1+1=3 OMFG

  5. #35
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Do you know how stupid the average person is? By definition half of them are even stupider. Those morons you want me to ignore are the screeching shit flinging masses. They are the 99% and they have guns goddammit, they have guns.
    Small minds, small thoughts. No worries.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Turtledove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    376

    Default



    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

  7. #37
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    judge judge jduge judge
    That one! That one there! Its not like the others!

  8. #38

    Default

    The Amanda Todd tragedy is the latest incarnation of bullying-gone-digital-run-amok, spiced up with some blackmail to boot. I remembered this old thread I created when I came across this Salon.com article today and thought it was relevant to the growing problem of (mostly) post-pubescent males attacking (mostly) pre-pubescent females simply because they can't grasp the complexities and nuances of interacting with their peers... among other things.

    The trouble with the anonymity that the internet provides, is that apart from the wealth of information and opportunity for coalescion of ideas, it also enables people with extremely subpar interpersonal skills to thrive because it allows them to circumvent their shortcomings or learn from their failed interactions because they fail to see the immediate results or experience consequences for their stupidity. I'd say a number of our own forum members qualify for this group.


    The war on 12-year old girls

    On Thursday, Michael Brutsch, the 49-year-old Texan whom Gawker’s Adrien Chen exposed last week as notorious Reddit troll Violentacrez, gave his first television interview on Anderson Cooper’s “360.” As Violentacrez, Brutsch was behind the (thankfully now defunct) subreddit Jailbait and had until recently been moderating his new pet Reddit project, Creepshots, a gallery of leering, surreptitiously shot photos of women. The “Violentacrez character,” as Brutsch refers to himself, was also behind such provocative subreddits as Rapebait, Chokeabitch and Picsofdeadkids, and claimed he had sex with his stepdaughter. In other words, he’s one of the grossest examples of our species we’ve currently got going.

    The self-described “creepy uncle of Reddit,” who was dismissed from his job after his online alter ego was revealed, seemed embarrassed yet only marginally self-aware in his conversation with Drew Griffin as he humble-bragged, “There are hot-button topics that you can make a comment about and just enrage people … Apparently I have a gift for pushing buttons.”

    At one point in the conversation, Griffin faced Brutsch and said of his behavior, “I’m a father. Of a daughter. I would be very mad at you.” Brutsch’s face at that moment was priceless, briefly flickering with the understanding that those drooled over girls in their underwear he posted all over Reddit are somebody’s daughters. Then the light went off again.

    “All I can say is that I’m sorry. I have made mistakes,” he said, before adding, “Reddit encouraged and enabled this sort of behavior, and I shouldn’t have been a part of it. Nobody on Reddit really had anything to say about it at all. Since then, I have come to understand that there are situations where things are inappropriate … I am to some degree apologizing for what I did … I was playing to an audience of college kids. And you know, when two years ago, when all of this was at its height, the audience was appreciative and supportive of the sort of gallows humor that I put out there.”

    Brutsch is a grown-ass man who has made his own choices, choices that creatures with opposable thumbs would generally find repugnant. Yet when he showed off the gold-plated Reddit bobblehead award he received “for making significant contributions to the site,” he was offering very real evidence that in addition to being a singular, walking piece of vomit, he’s also undeniably a bro in a community of fellow dirtbags. He existed, and thrived, because he had the encouragement to do so.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  9. #39
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    I have zero tolerance for this kind of douche-bag behaviors and I believe that if you can be that nasty and insensitive to people (like in the Amanda Todd case and the link @iwakar just posted), then you don't really deserve to live. I'm sorry.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Similar Threads

  1. Mac, Windows, Linux, Unix or Other?
    By Samvega in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
  2. Ipod Touch, Zune or Other MP3 Player
    By Lasting_Pain in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM
  3. personifying your friends through art or other means
    By file cabinet in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
  4. MMORPG characters (or other multiplayer accounts0
    By Zergling in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 03:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO