MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    LOL, this is the definition of irony.

You made a blanket, judgmental statement in a vehement tone without any qualifiers, whatsoever. And when people call you on it, you claim those people are judging you unfairly. I highly suggest you buy a mirror. Otherwise you're going to have a very difficult life.
    idgaf because i can tell when someone is ignorant and chooses to neglect perceiving things.
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    LOL it's not irrelevant just because you don't know itXD silly judgers. I beleive there is certain characteristics that lead into ascension, and not your typical deffinition of it. All life is evolving but in which direction? let's not further this discussion. it will go nowhere
    Evolution has no ultimate goal. It has no "direction".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

idgaf because i can tell when someone is ignorant and chooses to neglect perceiving things.
    I see, you're just a troll then. Bravo.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

judge judge jduge judge
    1+1=3 OMFG

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Do you know how stupid the average person is? By definition half of them are even stupider. Those morons you want me to ignore are the screeching shit flinging masses. They are the 99% and they have guns goddammit, they have guns.
    Small minds, small thoughts. No worries.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

judge judge jduge judge
    That one! That one there! Its not like the others!

The Amanda Todd tragedy is the latest incarnation of bullying-gone-digital-run-amok, spiced up with some blackmail to boot. I remembered this old thread I created when I came across this Salon.com article today and thought it was relevant to the growing problem of (mostly) post-pubescent males attacking (mostly) pre-pubescent females simply because they can't grasp the complexities and nuances of interacting with their peers... among other things.

The trouble with the anonymity that the internet provides, is that apart from the wealth of information and opportunity for coalescion of ideas, it also enables people with extremely subpar interpersonal skills to thrive because it allows them to circumvent their shortcomings or learn from their failed interactions because they fail to see the immediate results or experience consequences for their stupidity. I'd say a number of our own forum members qualify for this group.

The war on 12-year old girls

On Thursday, Michael Brutsch, the 49-year-old Texan whom Gawker’s Adrien Chen exposed last week as notorious Reddit troll Violentacrez, gave his first television interview on Anderson Cooper’s “360.” As Violentacrez, Brutsch was behind the (thankfully now defunct) subreddit Jailbait and had until recently been moderating his new pet Reddit project, Creepshots, a gallery of leering, surreptitiously shot photos of women. The “Violentacrez character,” as Brutsch refers to himself, was also behind such provocative subreddits as Rapebait, Chokeabitch and Picsofdeadkids, and claimed he had sex with his stepdaughter. In other words, he’s one of the grossest examples of our species we’ve currently got going.

The self-described “creepy uncle of Reddit,” who was dismissed from his job after his online alter ego was revealed, seemed embarrassed yet only marginally self-aware in his conversation with Drew Griffin as he humble-bragged, “There are hot-button topics that you can make a comment about and just enrage people … Apparently I have a gift for pushing buttons.”

At one point in the conversation, Griffin faced Brutsch and said of his behavior, “I’m a father. Of a daughter. I would be very mad at you.” Brutsch’s face at that moment was priceless, briefly flickering with the understanding that those drooled over girls in their underwear he posted all over Reddit are somebody’s daughters. Then the light went off again.

“All I can say is that I’m sorry. I have made mistakes,” he said, before adding, “Reddit encouraged and enabled this sort of behavior, and I shouldn’t have been a part of it. Nobody on Reddit really had anything to say about it at all. Since then, I have come to understand that there are situations where things are inappropriate … I am to some degree apologizing for what I did … I was playing to an audience of college kids. And you know, when two years ago, when all of this was at its height, the audience was appreciative and supportive of the sort of gallows humor that I put out there.”

Brutsch is a grown-ass man who has made his own choices, choices that creatures with opposable thumbs would generally find repugnant. Yet when he showed off the gold-plated Reddit bobblehead award he received “for making significant contributions to the site,” he was offering very real evidence that in addition to being a singular, walking piece of vomit, he’s also undeniably a bro in a community of fellow dirtbags. He existed, and thrived, because he had the encouragement to do so.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have zero tolerance for this kind of douche-bag behaviors and I believe that if you can be that nasty and insensitive to people (like in the Amanda Todd case and the link @iwakar just posted), then you don't really deserve to live. I'm sorry.
    4w5 sp/sx EII