User Tag List

First 123

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I didnt tell you that, you attributed that to me, you work in sales right?
    I actually work in real estate. The only thing I sell is my service.

How's that going?
    Very well, I actually came to a 6 figure handshake commercial agreement this afternoon if you must know.

What I said was nothing to do with being smart, which makes me suspect you've got some closet inferiority or feels of being threatened going on there, what I said was I was already familiar with the material you were bringing to my attention.
    Have you read the article?

Those arent esoteric political theories Disco, they're pretty major thinkers in US conservative circles, not knowing about them while you provide a link to the equivalent of a political wiki sort of demonstrates ignorance of the sort I would have thought you'd not want to shout about but what do I know, you're maybe all about radical honesty or something.
    Are they not?

I know when I was working in Washington I never heard anyone talking about them.

I'll forgive you for misunderstanding what I do. I actually try to have creative thoughts from time to time. You know break out of the paradigm my college, and law school educations created in my mind.

I try to, absent what I've read, think about how best to approach the problems that face this country. Only when I realize I don't know enough about the specifics of a situation, or policy point involved do I defer to someone who I agree with on the subject.

Enjoy the prison of your dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I actually work in real estate. The only thing I sell is my service.

Very well, I actually came to a 6 figure handshake commercial agreement this afternoon if you must know.

Have you read the article?

Are they not?

I know when I was working in Washington I never heard anyone talking about them.

I'll forgive you for misunderstanding what I do. I actually try to have creative thoughts from time to time. You know break out of the paradigm my college, and law school educations created in my mind.

I try to, absent what I've read, think about how best to approach the problems that face this country. Only when I realize I don't know enough about the specifics of a situation, or policy point involved do I defer to someone who I agree with on the subject.

Enjoy the prison of your dogma.
    Well you sure do rationalise a lot, probably the proof of Heinlein's quote about man being more rationalising than reasoning, if you've heard of him and he's not another esoteric author.

Disco, you sure do make me laugh sometimes.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You just make me sigh Lark.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You just make me sigh Lark.
    Its usually women I have that effect on. Cheers for now Disco, shame about your views and how you express them at times but you mean well I'm sure.

MBTI
    INTj

Excessive welfare is not sustainable. Someone has to produce the stuff that gets consumed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Excessive welfare is not sustainable. Someone has to produce the stuff that gets consumed.
    Eventually everything will be produced by machines and everyone will be unemployed. I guess we're all screwed, except for those who own the machines.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."