User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: SOPA

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Depends. There are already opposition organizations created by this mess, and those groups can do something about it (just needs to spread faster.)

Sounds redundant, but... boycott the E3! Don't watch it when it comes up. For every article, journal, or blog that talks about E3, throw a snippet criticizing the ESA for supporting SOPA/PIPA. For those who are thinking about attending E3, forget it. Drive it hard so that when the E3 comes up, their revenue drops.
    Good idea, but it only works if people are organized, which only works if they care. Megaupload was taken down today, and people will care, but not enough. That's why I think SOPA/PIPA have to pass. Outrage is a complicated feeling but powerful.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hilarious. ^

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Good idea, but it only works if people are organized, which only works if they care. Megaupload was taken down today, and people will care, but not enough. That's why I think SOPA/PIPA have to pass. Outrage is a complicated feeling but powerful.
    Megaupload was taken down because it's violating existing law, which is just fine with me. Governments already have the tools they need to police piracy.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Baby boomers want to regulate a medium they don't understand and they have the audacity to say they don't need to understand it. This is just one of many examples of why the boomer generation sucks.
    ^this
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Apparently, the Federal government shut down Megaupload and indicted a bunch of the executives from that site.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/...ite-Megaupload

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

poor wittle hollywood billionaires. we need to protect them from the big scary interwebs!

figsfiggyfigs

I can't believe this happened to mega upload. Such utter bullshit. That is scary, and disgusting.

This is all very good news. Finally something is being done about this pesky, thieving, freeloading thing they call the internet.

More accountability is a good thing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    http://techland.time.com/2012/01/19/...gaupload-bust/

Anonymous attacks!

There goes your answer, I think. While not the type I was thinking of, it works.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I can't believe this happened to mega upload. Such utter bullshit. That is scary, and disgusting.
    Really? I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."