User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Few people believe that Ron Paul will be president

I do not anticipate social upheaval in 2012 as a result of Ron Paul not being elected

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    True, but i think with ron paul there would be a renovation of current systems. ( like the fed and the useless congress) . Thhe occupy movement is going strong still. And these people are obviously ron paul supporters ( they are the more logical clan of poltics in this country, even if they are misled.) i honestly think if (when:P) Ron Paul isn't elected these guys will go on the riot, but they deffinitly will riot once the cconomic system fails. For sure
    The problem I see is that Ron Paul might be obstructed by congress more than the other candidates -- I doubt he'd be able to build consensus nearly as well as someone more clearly on either side of the line.

His ideals are clearly wayyyyyy better than other candidates. (Obama just proved he will compromise his morals for some middle votes by pissing in the face of the people he knows will vote for him anyway.) Ron Paul is the only politician I can think of that I would actually trust not to be hella corrupt... unfortunately, the rest of the system is so corrupt it might take someone who can play that game to actually do anything.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    The problem I see is that Ron Paul might be obstructed by congress more than the other candidates -- I doubt he'd be able to build consensus nearly as well as someone more clearly on either side of the line.

His ideals are clearly wayyyyyy better than other candidates. (Obama just proved he will compromise his morals for some middle votes by pissing in the face of the people he knows will vote for him anyway.) Ron Paul is the only politician I can think of that I would actually trust not to be hella corrupt... unfortunately, the rest of the system is so corrupt it might take someone who can play that game to actually do anything.

The system is so corrupt that since finnaly in the history ( from what i know) of politics there is one good candidate, im willing to bet he's apart of the "corrupt". Maybe it's time for change in their planbooks, and maybe we really are heading into the age of reason. Because Ron paul is pure reason, and the other poltics ( civilian audience) is purely ignorant. Seems everyone is caught up in the BS political advertisement propaganda. eEveryone is thinking very small, like taxes and personal favouritism between choices of politics, but it really doesn't matter who you choose as president if the bigger parts of the system are always left unchecked
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Few people believe that Ron Paul will be president

I do not anticipate social upheaval in 2012 as a result of Ron Paul not being elected
    do you think the occupy movement will end anytime soon? Ron Paul not being elected will only add fuel to the fire. Because these people are looking more into the direction of reason and not ignorance towards the cannibalistic capitalistic society.
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

do you think the occupy movement will end anytime soon? Ron Paul not being elected will only add fuel to the fire. Because these people are looking more into the direction of reason and not ignorance towards the cannibalistic capitalistic society.
    I guarantee more of the occupiers will vote for Obama than Ron Paul. It won't even be close.

People aren't ready for Ron Paul.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think the occupy movement is necessarily pro-Ron Paul

I am sure that there are a large number of Ron Paul supporters within the movement, but I do not see Ron Paul as a central character in the movement because there is no center to the movement in general

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I guarantee more of the occupiers will vote for Obama than Ron Paul. It won't even be close.

People aren't ready for Ron Paul.
    I don't know what the future will be like, I just know there is a clear divide in mainstream news fox/cnn/cbc and others vs the infowars/ronpaul/jesse ventura etc mainstrean alternative news.

Each side is becoming more ignorant to the other side it seems. I will just sit back and specualte in the middle as i have been doing. should be interesting
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

I don't think the occupy movement is necessarily pro-Ron Paul

I am sure that there are a large number of Ron Paul supporters within the movement, but I do not see Ron Paul as a central character in the movement because there is no center to the movement in general
    yes but the movement ( in terms of ideology) are moving in the way of ron pauls ideologies. The whole idea is ronnovation of previouse systems which clearly aren't working. Same thing happeneing in UK, Seems a fair number of music artist are promoting a revolution over there and over here as well.
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INTP

yes but the movement ( in terms of ideology) are moving in the way of ron pauls ideologies. The whole idea is ronnovation of previouse systems which clearly aren't working. Same thing happeneing in UK, Seems a fair number of music artist are promoting a revolution over there and over here as well.
    I would say that the movement is closer to other figure's ideologies. Bernie Sanders, for example, is not running for president, but his ideology seems very much in line with the most frequent demands of many occupiers. Taxing the super rich, for example, is a common cry from protesters but not something Ron Paul would support.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Look, I understand the support for Ron Paul in terms of him being more likely than any other candidate to fight the corrupt mechanisms of our political system, and good on him for that. But I think libertarianism horrible misguided and most of the things he wants to do would be destructive.

So I'm afraid the fact that he's Mr. Smith going to Washington is not, by itself, a good enough reason to vote for him, since it doesn't compensate for how generally bad a lot of his policies are.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I might rephraze it as follows:

'Anyone Who Thinks Ron Paul Shouldn't be President is Unaware, Misled, or Has an Unfavoreable Agenda for the American People'

So I generally agee.
    That takes some of the rudeness out of it but it's still pretty much just as unreasonable.

I would say that the movement is closer to other figure's ideologies. Bernie Sanders, for example, is not running for president, but his ideology seems very much in line with the most frequent demands of many occupiers. Taxing the super rich, for example, is a common cry from protesters but not something Ron Paul would support.
    Bingo. And while I'm not sure I'd want him shaping the future of the country by himself (which is apparently what people here think the president does), I would rather have him in power than Ron Paul, by a long shot.
    Go to sleep, iguana.