User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    edit: This does not refer only to Libertarianism, but the right-wing philosophies that focus on protecting the interests of the most extremely wealthy - they often focus on this idea that determination and hard work can provide anyone with wealth (at least "in America"). This assumes we live in a meritocracy in which the wealthy deserve any extreme amounts of wealth because it was their individual will that got them their position. Many poor and middle class people are fighting passionately for the rights of the extremely wealthy in the U.S., the very ones that are causing exploitation and harming our economic and environmental systems. The very fact that people are fighting passionately for the rights of their exploiters is a strong indication that free will has its limits. People demonstrate that they are subject to propaganda, to fear, even to the extreme of Stockholm syndrome.
    I still wouldn't let any of that stop you from acquiring wealth. You can overcome all of that with strategy and determination.

As far as what the wealthy deserve, I think that's beside the point. They figured out how to get the biggest slice of the American pie, they take care of their own, and that's the way it is. I wouldn't call all of them exploiters either; generally, I would call them pretty dang smart. There will always be people at the bottom (a few of which are thugs) and greedy people at the top (a few of which are thugs). Press onward and upward.

We have definitive proof that our wills are subject to context. This understanding undermines the entire structure of Libertarianism.
    I disagree. Your will is subject to *you*, and so is context.

Many poor and middle class people are fighting passionately for the rights of the extremely wealthy in the U.S., the very ones that are causing exploitation and harming our economic and environmental systems.
    That sounds like a stretch. What percentage of the poor and middle class are "fighting passionately" lol for the rich guys that exploited our economic and environmental systems?

MBTI
    ENTP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dngknYpRL24&feature=channel_video_title"]Drink the Kool-aid[/YOUTUBE]
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

that video is pure stupidity. Opens up with emotional stimulus and just goes out judging. Do you have an oppinion or are you just going to be a sheep with no oppinion to this ignorant black dude?

There are sheep in every single political catagory , this black guy's bias doesnt mean shit. He doesnt dispute Ron Pauls ideas, he just disputes what his common conception of a sterytypical ron paul supporter. Sterytypes is the biggest tool of sheep manipulators. So sick of stupid people

it's time for change, Ron paul suppoters know this because they understand the very simple concepts of what's wrong with america that no other politic points out ( or even tries to mention). So you can shove your bias videos up your arse lol.
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    nice
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dngknYpRL24&feature=channel_video_title"]Drink the Kool-aid[/YOUTUBE]
    I think the message this man is saying is quite simple

You probably don't agree 100% with any one candidate

I could have told you that without wasting 7 minutes and 18 seconds of your time

Everything else he is saying is fluff with little to no relevance here

I agree with him. I have never seen a political candidate whose views align perfectly with mine, and I probably never will

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    If that's the case then Ron Paul will win the general election by a landslide. This country is losing faith in its government.
    no kidding. The Mainstream media is doing this on purpose by fear mongering about the debt and the politics innablity to stable it.
    1+1=3 OMFG

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dngknYpRL24"]Drink the Kool-aid[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    As far as what the wealthy deserve, I think that's beside the point. They figured out how to get the biggest slice of the American pie, they take care of their own, and that's the way it is. I wouldn't call all of them exploiters either; generally, I would call them pretty dang smart. There will always be people at the bottom (a few of which are thugs) and greedy people at the top (a few of which are thugs). Press onward and upward.
    http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/i...-1111113408539

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/intlwlth.htm

Personal impressions of wealth are irrelevant (edit: status is designed to impress, and so it is normal to see someone well dressed, confident, and successful as more intelligent than someone scraggly, but that doesn't correlate with their intelligence as measured on IQ tests based on this study /edit). Privilege and intelligence are not equivalent - studies show.

It is difficult to learn that the world is not a meritocracy, that we don't have complete control, and that there is a great deal that is unfair. When fighting for the privileged, assuming they are more than others because of that privilege is circular reasoning and it does not make us ourselves more privileged.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Now, I don't know about you guys, but I don't think the primary purpose of your life, of my life and the entirety of the human race's is just to blindingly consume to support a failing economy and a faulty system. Forever and ever until we run out of every resource and have to resort to blowing each other up to ensure our own survival. I don't think we're supposed to sit by idle while we continue to use a long outdated system that produces war, poverty, collusion, corruption, ruins our environment and threatens every aspect of our health and does nothing but divide and segregate us. I don't think how much military equipment we are selling to other countries, how many hydrocarbons we're burning, how much money is being printed and exchanged, is a good measure of how healthy our society is but I do think I can speak for everyone when I say, It's time for change. If you can't see that, i guess that's too bad
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INFP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM"]Ron Paul - Predictions in Due Time[/YOUTUBE]
    I liked this video, it's from a speech from Ron Paul....in April 24 2002