User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Is Mitt Romney a Klansman?

http://www.americablog.com/2011/12/r...p-america.html

[YOUTUBE="26AMgycOWoU"]Keep America American[/YOUTUBE]

This is a campaign ad featuring the KKK's slogan "Keep America American"

This comes out at the same time Romney motions his support to strip married homosexuals of their rights

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1...-it-to-my-face

Garon challenged Romney, saying, “If two men get married, apparently a veteran’s spouse would not be entitled to any burial benefits or medical benefits or anything that the serviceman has devoted his time and effort to his country, and you just don’t support equality in terms of same-sex marriage?”
    Romney reiterated his support for the Defense of Marriage Act, and added, “And we apparently disagree.”

“It’s good to know how you feel,” Garon said. “That you do not believe that everyone is entitled to their constitutional rights.”

“No, actually, I think at the time the Constitution was written it was pretty clear that marriage is between a man and a woman,” Romney replied. “And I don’t believe the Supreme Court has changed that.”

With that, a Romney aide interrupted, saying, “Governor, we’ve got to get on with Fox News right now.”

“Oh,” said Garon. “I guess the question was too hot.”

“No, I gave you the answer,” Romney said.

“You did,” Garon said. “And I appreciate your answer. And you know, I also learned something and New Hampshire is right. You have to look a man in the eye to get a good answer, and you know what, Governor, good luck.”
    Now that these statements are coming straight from the horse's mouth, we no longer need to speculate, but rather determine the truth based on what has been said.

Do you believe that Mitt Romney is a Klansman?

Or does he merely support the Ku Klux Klan's agenda and parrot the organization's slogan in his campaign ads?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I doubt if Mitt is a racist or homophobe from my evaluation of him. He might be able to make the choice to be one if he thought it would give him the presidency but besides a desire for power/status, I doubt Mitt has any strongly held beliefs; good or evil.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

If he were a klansman, I really doubt he'd openly use their slogan. It's a PR nightmare.

Probably just a mistake.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Is Obama a muslim?
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by reason View Post
    Is Obama a muslim?
    I believe President Obama identifies as a Christian

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Is Obama a muslim?
    Obviously. He wasn't even born in America, did you know that? He's gained the trust of the gullible left-wingers and has been taking America down piece by piece ever since.

We need KKK Romney to re-purify our country and kill the heathens.

Is it a very well known slogan?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I believe President Obama identifies as a Christian
    I believe Mitt Romney identifies as a white supremacist and KKK sympathiser.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTP

I believe Mitt Romney identifies as a white supremacist and KKK sympathiser.
    Judging from his xenophobic and homophobic policies, this would not be an unreasonable assumption, although I do not believe Romney would assert his sympathies toward the KKK. Rather, he would be wise to solidify his voting base by touting these beliefs without necessarily throwing his allegiance toward the group. Politics are tricky.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Judging from his xenophobic and homophobic policies, this would not be an unreasonable assumption, although I do not believe Romney would assert his sympathies toward the KKK. Rather, he would be wise to solidify his voting base by touting these beliefs without necessarily throwing his allegiance toward the group. Politics are tricky.
    A more plausible explanation is that his campaign just didn't know that was a KKK slogan.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."