User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You know that by that measure I'm a Klansman? Despite failing to qualify on a number of their core eligibility criteria.

How can you strip people of "rights" its not possible for them to have?
    How To Explain Gay Rights To An Idiot

That's the title of the page; it's not directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

Now you are on his ignore list. It is where Lark sends all the good people.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

The title says it all, why have a discussion when denegration will do instead?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The title says it all, why have a discussion when denegration will do instead?
    Why ad hominem the article instead of reading it?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Why ad hominem the article instead of reading it?
    The really simple answer is that if I felt it could make any reasonable point I would read it, I dont believe it possibly can so it deserves only to have its bigotry exposed.

MBTI
    ESFJ

The really simple answer is that if I felt it could make any reasonable point I would read it, I dont believe it possibly can so it deserves only to have its bigotry exposed.
    You go girl!

Expose that bigotry by, y'know, ignoring it.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

LOL, really?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

You must know that Lark believes marriage to be an institution fixed not in society or religion, but in nature itself. Whatever the state or church does has no bearing on how it should be handled. If one is thus deluded, there really is no point in reading arguments for empathy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    LOL, really?
    The implication from the outset is that if you dont agree and affirm the subject you're an idiot, so its little more than a rah, rah cheerleading chat for people who've made their minds up already and need further support or reinforcement to sustain their beliefs.

I dont discuss or debate attitudes to homosexuality, or especial rights and status belonging to it, anymore because I'm convinced it is an example of 'emperors new clothes' thinking. Someday the beliefs affirming homosexuality positively and in every instance will have a more balanced, critical reception but not until things such as believing that any criticise is a sign of bigotry and any affirmation is part of a more holistic struggle against a lot of symbolic or archetypical wrongs.

Presently, treating the arguments supporting homosexuality as reasonable would be mistaken, given the emotive charge involved, accusations of idiocy etc. However it would give the topic more 'air time', 'stoke' its supporters.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The implication from the outset is that if you dont agree and affirm the subject you're an idiot, so its little more than a rah, rah cheerleading chat for people who've made their minds up already and need further support or reinforcement to sustain their beliefs.

I dont discuss or debate attitudes to homosexuality, or especial rights and status belonging to it, anymore because I'm convinced it is an example of 'emperors new clothes' thinking. Someday the beliefs affirming homosexuality positively and in every instance will have a more balanced, critical reception but not until things such as believing that any criticise is a sign of bigotry and any affirmation is part of a more holistic struggle against a lot of symbolic or archetypical wrongs.

Presently, treating the arguments supporting homosexuality as reasonable would be mistaken, given the emotive charge involved, accusations of idiocy etc. However it would give the topic more 'air time', 'stoke' its supporters.
    Regardless of your stance on homosexuality, you cannot know any of this without actually reading it. You might as well start writing book reviews after looking at nothing more than the cover.

I couldn't care less about your stance on homosexuality. It's not an issue that interests me. But what you did there, dismissing something you haven't even read, was retarded. That's the sort of thing Young Earth creationists do.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."