User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Seriously, must the American people be nannyed? Are there no adults left who actually want to make a difference with what limited power they do have?
    I don't understand how you don't understand that most of America does not think how you think, and how that will not change in the future.

You sound like a religious preacher trying to bring the flock under your wing.

Who cares if you think it's logical? Since when did getting hundreds of millions of people to behave in unity have anything to do with logic? The only time that's ever happened is with the church, which makes it emotional and religious. You need to captivate people's identities. You're projecting an identity onto your audience that does not exist. You're living in a fantasy and on top of it, mocking people who*accurately tell you that you're unrealistic.

Why are you so freaking moody on this subject? What kind of emotions do you have running through you here? Do you need to talk about them so we can understand why you're having such a religious conviction about how to move hundreds of millions of people forward?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't understand how you don't understand that most of America does not think how you think, and how that will not change in the future.

You sound like a religious preacher trying to bring the flock under your wing.

Who cares if you think it's logical? Since when did getting hundreds of millions of people to behave in unity have anything to do with logic? The only time that's ever happened is with the church, which makes it emotional and religious. You need to captivate people's identities. You're projecting an identity onto your audience that does not exist. You're living in a fantasy and on top of it, mocking people who*accurately tell you that you're unrealistic.

Why are you so freaking moody on this subject? What kind of emotions do you have running through you here? Do you need to talk about them so we can understand why you're having such a religious conviction about how to move hundreds of millions of people forward?
    If there's emotionalism, it's not emanating from me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

If there's emotionalism, it's not emanating from me.
    The beautiful thing about forums is that everyone can read the path of exchanges and draw their own conclusions.

Peace out.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

I think most of the opponents of so called "nannyism" are just rich people emoting to the hilt, although they'll suggest their love of their money is more rational, thoughtful, logical than people prioritising other things like the safety and welfare of their loved ones, jobs, affordable houses and unwillingness to work harder and longer for a failed economic paradigm and selfish bastard fat cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    The beautiful thing about forums is that everyone can read the path of exchanges and draw their own conclusions.

Peace out.
    Yes...they can. It also helps if they have some economic knowledge rather than being all butt-hurt believing that the population of one country can't be convinced to help themselves, instead adhering to the belief that 153 other countries would be happy to accommodate being disadvantaged through trade tariffs. :facepalm:

Yes...they can. It also helps if they have some economic knowledge rather than being all butt-hurt believing that the population of one country can't be convinced to help themselves, instead adhering to the belief that 153 other countries would be happy to accommodate being disadvantaged through trade tariffs. :facepalm:
    I dont see how you can say that when you singularly failed to provide any satisfactory responses to posts like those by Lateralus which where working on the basis of hard facts and economics. Economics isnt simply whatever you think, or rather feel, it ought to be. Fairly narrowly defined as reflecting your own actual or perceived class interest at that, I've known that since your "give your money away or dont criticise the rich" thread.

Maybe Lateralus was right and you are a troll.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I might have missed something, but what does ending tax breaks for the rich have to do with a nanny state?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I might have missed something, but what does ending tax breaks for the rich have to do with a nanny state?
    Its conservative speak.

Anything threatening the rich guy's status, wealth, power or inflated self importance is the "nanny state" or a proxy.

If you want a viable economy, better start building a better infrastructure by supporting small to medium businesses, particularly in manufacturing. Buy domestic but only domestic that put jobs back into the economy. Everyone is guilty of fucking up the economy through support of global conglomerates which includes buying from Walmart or other global conglomerate owned big box stores. When you bank, why are you using big banks? Instead, handle your finances through independents and credit unions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It started with my above post which suggests more than cutting the tax breaks for the rich.

As far as cutting the tax breaks for the rich, in the present economic conditions, I agree with it. Once the economy has been stabilised through everyone pitching in to create a sustainable economy through more self-sufficiency hence less reliance on global conglomerates, then my vote would be for some form of flat tax.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

adhering to the belief that 153 other countries would be happy to accommodate being disadvantaged through trade tariffs. :facepalm:
    Hm.. This is an interesting point. I know this is going to sound a bit sarcastic when I write it, but.. Why would we care if other countries are unhappy about it? We've done things for years now that other countries were not at all happy about... and never gave them the time of day about it. Do you feel that this would affect so much at once that it would be doomed to fail and cause backlash of all sorts?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge