User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    taking more money from the rich only encourages them to move their assets to non domestic locations and do business where they are appreciated. keep the productive people happy and you will have a prosperous and productive country
    I'm so sick of this Atlas Shrugged bullshit. Why are the wealthy never chastised for failing to be patriotic? If the US sucks so much that they want to leave, I say fuck them. They can go move to China. That's where they're creating jobs with that $72 billion, anyway.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm so sick of this Atlas Shrugged bullshit. Why are the wealthy never chastised for failing to be patriotic? If the US suckse so much that they want to leave, I say fuck them. They can go move to China. That's where they're creating jobs with that $72 billion, anyway.
    I have your wing
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    how about bringing back the tariffs with a vengeance. in order to sell products to us they have to pay a substantial and they would have to stay in the us to actually make that profit back.

maybe also reducing taxes on them to a small amount, whatever the 3rd worlders are charging.
    I started a thread on the tariff issue a while ago.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...8-tariffs.html

I think tariffs are the only way we can start bringing manufacturing back to the US. If we lower our corporate tax rate by 10% and China lowers theirs by an equivalent amount, we've gotten nowhere. And once you get to 0%, you've got nowhere else to go, unless you want to start subsidizing domestic production, and I don't think anyone wants that.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

do not confuse George W. Bush with a fiscal conservative. the man nearly tripled the size of the federal government, waged 2 unconstitutional wars and and pushed the Patriot Act through Congress.
    Good catch. I wasn't expecting you to bring this up.

On the other hand, I think Lateralus' observation regarding the quantity of the beer ought to be discussed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Part of this tax system issue is just that people are resistant to change. Whenever a boss implements changes in the corporate system, most employees complain. But 5 years later if the system was reverted back to the original, most employees would similarly complain. It's the symbolism of not having total autonomy over everything that one is tied into, I think, more than the content of the system itself.

Which means, just do it and most people will adapt just fine in a few years. It will be a new normal.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The barstool economics exercise was actually pretty interesting.. As far as I can see, attitudes and a lack of communication are all that stop the entire situation from working.

Similarly.. My point is. Instead of the bartender disrupting all of that scenario and throwing a wrench in the machine. Why doesn't he use that $20 discount to give them a better bar.. more beer options.. hotter waitresses.

I'm with Lat on letting companies go overseas.

@Usehername I think this is the case too. I think, especially with the "my voice isnt heard" mentality of many younger Americans now-a-days, people aren't going to be happy with change no matter what kind it is.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

taking more money from the rich only encourages them to move their assets to non domestic locations and do business where they are appreciated. keep the productive people happy and you will have a prosperous and productive country
    When those who want 100% are gone, those who are satisfied with 80% will take charge and become new rich and productive.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    When those who want 100% are gone, those who are satisfied with 80% will take charge and become new rich and productive.
    it's not that simple
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

it's not that simple
    No. But it is not as simple as you make it out either. On the Rand level, it is an appropriate response, however.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

it's not that simple
    Why can't it be?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge