User Tag List

First 2101112

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think you're wrong about that. Because wealth aggregates pretty much by default you have to take pro-active measures against that to keep the economy a bit more even, because if it becomes too uneven it becomes unstable and unproductive.
    The argument for tax breaks is that the rich need their money, all of it, to be incentivised, although that doesnt seem to hold water when its any other class, especially the working class because every management text ever written could be summed up under the heading of "how to get people to work harder for less money"

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The argument for tax breaks is that the rich need their money, all of it, to be incentivised, although that doesnt seem to hold water when its any other class, especially the working class because every management text ever written could be summed up under the heading of "how to get people to work harder for less money"
    This is because being rich is supposed to be the end of the race. A rich person should keep all their money and a poor person should have none so that poor people can be motivated to move up the latter, which is good because the way to move up the later is to work harder or to be more creative.

Now, I think every part of that is bullshit, but never the less, that is how the reasoning seems to work.

It still also totally disregards whether or not having wealth inequality could cause any problems in and of itself.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    It's not a matter of good or bad, it just doesn't work if you look at society's natural tendencies. Society is not a linear charitable animal nor is it a linear selfish machine. Forced equity ignores the latter, it has been tested, it has not work, and it won't work , in the long run.
    Forced equity is what leads to a cohesive society. People are naturally motivated to seek equity for themselves. They will not support a society which unfairly deprive them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

The term "tax break" is dishonest.

It's also really pathetic constantly insisting on this "class warfare" outlook. Wealth isn't theft.

And acting as if this has anything to do with "keeping the poor poor" is so ridiculously asinine, it doesn't even deserve a response.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    The term "tax break" is dishonest.

It's also really pathetic constantly insisting on this "class warfare" outlook. Wealth isn't theft.
    Does anyone know what class warfare is? Are people going to have to actually see class warfare to figure it out?

No, wealth doesn't have to be theft. Wealth will concentrate essentially by default. That it is not theft in no way changes the structural factors that make excessively concentrated wealth undesirable.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    And acting as if this has anything to do with "keeping the poor poor" is so ridiculously asinine, it doesn't even deserve a response.
    Keeping the rich rich is a more accurate way to put it. What happens to everyone else is simply immaterial. Of course, that's not to even say there is some kind of fraternity of the wealthy helping each other out. Given the chance, wealthy people will prey on other wealthy people to become wealthier. Make no mistake, in the big picture, hyperbolic wealth distribution will make many of the presently rich suffer, too.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Human-Centipedenomics
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post

Human-Centipedenomics
    Supply side?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post

Human-Centipedenomics
    I read about this film, given that the drawing there disturbs me highly I am very, very glad I never saw the film. It is something like the movie Naked Lunch which I believe would just leave me feeling sick and be actually vomit inducing. I dont care if its used as a brilliant analogy for nazism or perverse collectivism, the borg is good enough to explain that, not this, this, obscenity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I read about this film, given that the drawing there disturbs me highly I am very, very glad I never saw the film. It is something like the movie Naked Lunch which I believe would just leave me feeling sick and be actually vomit inducing. I dont care if its used as a brilliant analogy for nazism or perverse collectivism, the borg is good enough to explain that, not this, this, obscenity.
    South Park is a film?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."