Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Default American needs to tell Donald Trump "You're fired!"

So apparently Donald Trump has decided that his highly publicized presidential candidacy that was suspended was not enough. He is moderating a Republican debate, and has stated that if none of the candidates meet his standards, he would consider running as an independent.

A couple questions:

1. Why is this not such a glaring example of conflict of interests that his hopes were immediately quashed by some legal conflict?

2. Why the hell would the public not be incredibly alarmed at this- at least at the increasingly circus-like atmosphere of high-profile American political elections?

3. ...Really...what the hell?
    Likes jcloudz liked this post

If you had seen the last 20 years of his life, this wouldn't surprise you. The public is used to it. Typical Trump.

MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

DAMNIT...I just noticed a typo.

The simple fact that this sort of thing would be allowed even in theory is completely outrageous. If he were to run after moderating, people would probably actually vote for him. American politics and the general American public's apathy thereof is simply pathetic. I mean, I'm less involved and well-informed than I should be, but still...

A lot of people came out and called it as the circus that it is. Among them were George wills, krauthammer, and Karl Rove.

Paul, Huntsman and Mittens are saying they won't attend with the former two doing it in a more colorful fashion.

Jesse Benton, Paul’s national campaign chairman, said recently that Trump’s presence at the upcoming debate will “contribute to an unwanted circus-like atmosphere” and will generally detract from the real questions.
    "Mr. Trump's participation as moderator will distract from questions and answers concerning important issues such as the national economy, crushing federal government debt, the role of the federal government, foreign policy and the like," added Benton.
    http://rt.com/usa/news/paul-gingrich-donald-trump-181/

[YOUTUBE="cKVTljo-5jA"]Huntsman[/YOUTUBE]
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't see how people can take it seriously in the first place, because it's full of bullshit. I think Trump's attendance is actually conducive of showing what it really IS all about.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFJ

Haha, nekk minute, Donald Trump's new slogan...

"You're Fired!"

MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Well, five years later and here we are.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

We can't fire Trump yet. Strictly speaking, he hasn't yet been hired. The question remains as to whether his collective "supervisors" are stupid enough to take him over the admittedly far from ideal but nonetheless preferable competition.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Osprey, Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Oh dear, it seems I'm getting sucked into the political craziness again this year....

Trump's polling has been terrible this week. I hesitate to make too much of that, because it's only one week, but Clinton evidently got the bigger post-convention bounce.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Trump's polling has been terrible this week. I hesitate to make too much of that, because it's only one week, but Clinton evidently got the bigger post-convention bounce.
    The truly scary thing isn't that his numbers are dropping due to him generally being an all-round terrible human being, they are dropping because he is too dim to avoid obvious political gaffes like criticizing a fallen veterans family or being a sarcastic douche to a mother with baby at one of his speeches. It makes you think what will happen when a candidate comes along who is just as malicious but considerably more cunning/less honest about that awfulness. Then again could a candidate ever gain popular votes by railing against political correctness while being "politically correct." themselves?