User Tag List

First 567

WTF?! Just like SOPA, how did something this important not make the repeat rounds on major news networks, but "Missing Tot Found Dead" and "Kim Kardashian: Divorce!" make DAYS and DAYS of the news circuits??? Why?

I consider myself an avid news watcher/reader and crap like this still misses my radar because the discussion is inaudible in the overwhelming presence of sensational inanity.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    WTF?! Just like SOPA, how did something this important not make the repeat rounds on major news networks, but "Missing Tot Found Dead" and "Kim Kardashian: Divorce!" make DAYS and DAYS of the news circuits??? Why?

I consider myself an avid news watcher/reader and crap like this still misses my radar because the discussion is inaudible in the overwhelming presence of sensational inanity.
    Ditto. The silence was deafening.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Ditto. The silence was deafening.
    Thankfully our girl @Nijntje is gonna right the journalistic profession!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Thankfully our girl @Nijntje is gonna right the journalistic profession!
    Damned right I will!!

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I actually have a lot of say on why this doesn't make mainstream media news Or isn't a major player but Unforybatwkt, err, that's what my phone autocorrected 'unfortunately' to..., anyway back to it.. Unfortunately I am at work so I can't, BUT the way the bill was played Out in media was that it ONLY applied to foreigners in the US, thus not a 'high priority'. Also you have to keep in mind that media will always play to the stockholder to get revenue, and of the stockholder is the lowest common denominator, in that they don't care about politics but OH MY GOD THAT KARDASHIAN WOMAN or THANK SWEET BABY JESUS THEY FOUND THAT MISSING CHILD. It's everywhere.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And you believe that wont ultimately advantage the big banks? Give me a break, all that competition theory and utopian capitalism can float someone elses boat.

More troskyism of the right.
    You seem to think that I'm arguing ideology, which is really the opposite of what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that ideology doesn't really matter anymore. I may agree more with Obama on ideology, but what good does that do if he puts me in prison without a trial and hands the big banks all the money they want.

Ron Paul is different from the other politicians in that he has given me a reason to trust him. He has been around a long time with a political message that isn't mainstream and didn't get him instant popularity. I don't think he would be around this long if he didn't believe the stuff he is actually saying. (And his son says the same things which means he must have been teaching it at home too.) I may only agree with half of his platform, but the other candidates are 50% less reliable than that.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com