User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post

I voted for Obama in 2008, but he totally loses my vote if he does not veto this bill. (He's already said that he wouldn't.) I'm already planning to register as Republican in the coming primary so that I can vote for Ron Paul, and I encourage all of my (former) Democrat friends to do the same.
    one doesn't need to be a republican to vote republican. i'm a registered republican, but i voted kerry in '04. i've thought about re-registering as an independant but it doesn't matter cause i can still vote for whoever i want. perhaps it would send an interesting message if more registered democrats voted against obama.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INFP

The camps actually already exist, publicly nobody 'knows' what they're for, or you get the roundabout when asking for explanations. They're called FEMA camps. One could before just write it off as conspiracy stuff, but with the administration acting recently like it has, one should get legitimately concerned and find out more.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    In all seriousness you believe that Paul isnt going to simply be approving something as lethal but private as opposed to public?
    Care to give an example?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Care to give an example?
    You mean to suggest that someone with Paul's ideological baggage and background could regulate the financial markets?

That's just one instance that I can easily think of, now, its probably his supporters rather than he himself but if there was ever anything like the recinding of welfare state services and benefits like they plan or hope for the mass, mass unemployment and want alone would require either some pretty vicious private security and "settling accounts" on a regular basis in some sort of wild west fashion or a doubling, tripling or more of the prison population.

MBTI
    INTP

I think the USA is looking at some kind of upheaval or revolution in the next decade. Occupy Wall St. and the Tea Party will unite, and then we'll see some major action. I redact my former position that OWS will fizzle -- instead, I think there must be some mastermind behind it.

I hope that we can do it peacefully and without significant economic loss to the middle and lower classes.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I think the USA is looking at some kind of upheaval or revolution in the next decade. Occupy Wall St. and the Tea Party will unite, and then we'll see some major action. I redact my former position that OWS will fizzle -- instead, I think there must be some mastermind behind it.

I hope that we can do it peacefully and without significant economic loss to the middle and lower classes.
    Ha! I dont see anyway that OWS and TP will ever make common cause, they're anathema to one antoher, I also dont see OWS having any mastermind. Have you been reading James Bond novels or something?

MBTI
    INTP

They want the same thing politically. Whether or not they can put aside the social differences to put up a united front, only time will tell.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You mean to suggest that someone with Paul's ideological baggage and background could regulate the financial markets?
    No he wouldn't even try to regulate the financial markets. But looking at Obama he isn't trying either. Obama has too many "friends" on Wall St. to regulate financial markets. So on this issue they are no different. Although if Ron Paul had his way he would eliminate the Fed, which has been the main culprit lately of manipulating financial markets in favor of big banks (i.e. loaning out $7.7 trillion).

That's just one instance that I can easily think of, now, its probably his supporters rather than he himself but if there was ever anything like the recinding of welfare state services and benefits like they plan or hope for the mass, mass unemployment and want alone would require either some pretty vicious private security and "settling accounts" on a regular basis in some sort of wild west fashion or a doubling, tripling or more of the prison population.
    Well if he had his way, then social security and the rest would go away, but I doubt anything like that would ever get through congress. Voting against social security is normally political suicide. As for prisons, he is for protecting civil liberties and eliminating drug laws which would lessen the prison population.

Now in truth I'm not sure how much of his agenda he would accomplish, because the president cannot make laws, he can only veto them. But that is what I'm looking for in a president right now. I want a president that will actually veto the crazy laws that congress is trying to pass like putting people in prison without trial.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

No he wouldn't even try to regulate the financial markets. But looking at Obama he isn't trying either. Obama has too many "friends" on Wall St. to regulate financial markets. So on this issue they are no different. Although if Ron Paul had his way he would eliminate the Fed, which has been the main culprit lately of manipulating financial markets in favor of big banks (i.e. loaning out $7.7 trillion).
    And you believe that wont ultimately advantage the big banks? Give me a break, all that competition theory and utopian capitalism can float someone elses boat.

More troskyism of the right.

Well if he had his way, then social security and the rest would go away, but I doubt anything like that would ever get through congress. Voting against social security is normally political suicide. As for prisons, he is for protecting civil liberties and eliminating drug laws which would lessen the prison population.

Now in truth I'm not sure how much of his agenda he would accomplish, because the president cannot make laws, he can only veto them. But that is what I'm looking for in a president right now. I want a president that will actually veto the crazy laws that congress is trying to pass like putting people in prison without trial.
    Protecting civil liberties? Yeah right, creating a consumer base of junkies for future campaign financers, ie the pusher corps which will emerge overnight, the whole libertarian agenda is a corporate agenda, it is objectively pro-corporate, even if rhetorically it pretends not to be and carrys on pushing the dream.

If there was some way of limiting the global impact, and who knows the Franco-German pact emerging in Europe could be one way, I would surely like to see the "Marxism of the right" taken for test drive in the US, then and only then will US capitalists see their ideas cant and wont work in practice.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    They want the same thing politically. Whether or not they can put aside the social differences to put up a united front, only time will tell.
    yes this revolution is all over the media. Band lyrics are promoting this. Even Disturbed- Land of confusion video is of anonymous leading the lost youth into taking down capitalism. really have to watch that video and check out the symbolism.
    1+1=3 OMFG