User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

What is the status of the bill/law as of this time ?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    STFU

Looks like democrats got bamboozled. Perhaps everyone should reconsider the true validity of the two party system. Apparently it does not matter whether one is a democrat or a republican or which side we prefer to vote for. Wake the fuck up people.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

im not seeing anything in news the about obama signing the bill; fox news would normally be hating on obama over this and talking about more qualified conservative candidates who would be opposed and doing interviews with them.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    What is the status of the bill/law as of this time ?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...ef=mostpopular

The final version passed in the Senate with only 13 voting against it. Six D, Six R, One I.

While I still believe in the two party system in Washington, I no longer believe the two parties are really Democrat and Republican. Rather the two parties are corrupt vs. noncorrupt. There are only 13 potential holdouts in the Senate with equal number Democrat and Republican.

I voted for Obama in 2008, but he totally loses my vote if he does not veto this bill. (He's already said that he wouldn't.) I'm already planning to register as Republican in the coming primary so that I can vote for Ron Paul, and I encourage all of my (former) Democrat friends to do the same.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I reckon, having seen that good video on the crisis in capitalism on this forum, the animate one, that with technology accelerating the contradictions in capitalism and without any clue as to alternatives or any organised and credible demand for an alternative or even anyone saying to put the breaks on that governments will resorting to stuff like this bill soon enough. Whether its law or not.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...ef=mostpopular

The final version passed in the Senate with only 13 voting against it. Six D, Six R, One I.

While I still believe in the two party system in Washington, I no longer believe the two parties are really Democrat and Republican. Rather the two parties are corrupt vs. noncorrupt. There are only 13 potential holdouts in the Senate with equal number Democrat and Republican.

I voted for Obama in 2008, but he totally loses my vote if he does not veto this bill. (He's already said that he wouldn't.) I'm already planning to register as Republican in the coming primary so that I can vote for Ron Paul, and I encourage all of my (former) Democrat friends to do the same.
    In all seriousness you believe that Paul isnt going to simply be approving something as lethal but private as opposed to public?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I heard obama suggested the "indefinite detention of us citizens' on the bill. anyone know how to find out if this is true?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFP

It is, the threat to veto the bill was if they didn't put in that murky language that allows indefinite detention of US citizens. Try reddit, and cenk uygur on youtube. I think theres a clip on youtube somewhere where a senator or congressmen explained it was the administration who wanted the language in.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Seriously, has anyone heard this, the US senate just passed a bill that would allow the president/or government to use the military to detain any US citizen without due process or any charges at all, just based on pure suspicion, they have declared america a battlefield. This is susposed to "protect" us from "terrorist" huh........lol at the politicians trying to get military protection from the soon to be angry masses.
    No kidding, man. It's an American atrocity.
    Reminds me of "Harrison Bergeron" or something out of a Ray Bradbury story.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    It is, the threat to veto the bill was if they didn't put in that murky language that allows indefinite detention of US citizens. Try reddit, and cenk uygur on youtube. I think theres a clip on youtube somewhere where a senator or congressmen explained it was the administration who wanted the language in.
    thank you tantive.
    I dont normally ware an aluminum tin foil hat but this seems like a special occasion *uses smiley with aluminum tin foil hat*

kinda dreaming how things are going to progress.......
    wonder if they already created the interment camps. you think they might start with the creating suspicion among everyone so they would not trust each other*i can see paranoia as a way of keeping people from joining together*. they might stage some sort of disaster that would make everyone afraid again and create the atmosphere of fear. they might scapegoat a minority as the perpetrator.

what would happen onces those camps begin to full up? those detention centers? what wil they do with all those people? indefinate detention of a family member. you wont know if they are dead or alive.

they already decided it would be efficient to eliminate the trial process and make things more efficent. it would not be efficent to have people staying indefinately in camps, they need to eat and have other needs. so what happens when those camps eceed their capacity. create more? that would be more resources. or would they start killing those people? maybe make slaves out of those people?

I wonder who those people would be? what would be grounds for suspicion? you thin there might be abuse of arresting people for suspicion?
    -Bruce Lee