User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

This Congress has been hideous and should go hide their faces if they had any shame.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    This Congress has been hideous and should go hide their faces if they had any shame.
    I definitely agree. It is frustrating beyond words.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I definitely agree. It is frustrating beyond words.
    If they were workers in ANY other business or career field, they would not only be fired, they would be ridden out on a rail. They couldn't deliver pizza right.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

To be honest does anyone ever get the impression that this is all window dressing to test public opinion or the state of the public's capacity for mobilisation?

The whole aftermath of 9/11 revealed the extent to which some of the political establishment in the US was willing to use it as a new "foundation myth" and throw over all that had existed prior to that, launching wars and restructuring the US and world status quo, they lost momentum and its only lucky that they did.

Jericho is a fantastic fictional look at what could happen in the US, I believe, I know lots of people hated it when the show was concluded with a departure from small town politics and survivalism towards a more 24 like storyline (particularly when a similar private interests attempting to hijack the government storyline was playing out in 24 at the time) but I thought that was the logical progression of the story which had begun in the first part of the series.

The combinations of state and capital and ruling class in the US are obvious to everyone but what you going to do? There's no real opposition to it, if it emerges its quickly co-opted or neutralised, what is treated as credible alternatives by most of the US population, ie libertarians like Ron Paul, will objectively only strengthen the hand of the same state-corporate nexus. Its not a new thing either. Jefferson complained about the plutocracy of private interests jeopardising the republic back in his day.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

there is nothing anyone can do to prevent the passing of this bill, or reversing it.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    there is nothing anyone can do to prevent the passing of this bill, or reversing it.
    A veto that would be overridden

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    A veto that would be overridden
    not comforting
    its too bad the people who are working toward passing it cant be recalled.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    not comforting
    its too bad the people who are working toward passing it cant be recalled.
    They can't be recalled

But they don't have to be voted for again

Or they could just be arrested for treason

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Seriously, has anyone heard this, the US senate just passed a bill that would allow the president/or government to use the military to detain any US citizen without due process or any charges at all, just based on pure suspicion, they have declared america a battlefield. This is susposed to "protect" us from "terrorist" huh........lol at the politicians trying to get military protection from the soon to be angry masses.

That is exatcly what it is. The occupy protests will only grow with common dreads. They will swim as one in solidarity, no longer tready water, just flowing with the tide. And you can taste it. "it;s a song supporting this movement" Enter shikari is all about this

I don't know what will come about this, there deffinitly needs to be change. I knew the day would come when they would act about this. They always talked about "homegrown " terrorists in the news. The term Terrorist is a funny one, in that anyone can be considered one. In fact, i am probably being suspiciouse right now talking in a manner against the government.

I wonder what constitutes a suspision, does views in anyway shape or form against the government cause suspision? does me writing this right now cause suspision?fuck lol. These things i will never get i dont know why i think about it
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

To everyone who voted Obama (well, actually anybody other than Ron Paul), I hate to say I told you so but here are the fruits of your rewards. Congratulations on re-electing George Bush III enjoy! No worries, McCain would have done the same so I won't hold it against you! How is Ron Paul not in office already?

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/15/obam...law/singleton/