User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default It's a conspiracy!

Post your favorite conspiracy theory, or comment on others'.

Here's one: Pope John Paul I was murdered by the mafia at the behest of conservative cardinals to prevent him from enacting reforms and exposing their corruption.

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp

Can it be a fictional conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Post your favorite conspiracy theory, or comment on others'.

Here's one: Pope John Paul I was murdered by the mafia at the behest of conservative cardinals to prevent him from enacting reforms and exposing their corruption.

I've heard a couple of conspiracy stories relating to this Pope, doesnt it feature in one of the Godfather films?

Although here its told that there was a masonic connection and around that time a senior mason guy was found hanged in London and it was marked up to suicide, long, long before the Dan Brown books made it popular there was rumoured antagonism between the masons and roman hierarchy, although there's stories from more recent times, particularly centred on northern ireland, about struggles between UK intelligence networks and what the US CIA factbook would say was a "political catholicism" in NI and ROI.

I'm not sure about it at all because I know a lot of the republican scene was more political, and marxist, than catholic, definitely the modern republicans and those which never really made their peace with the republic in the south of ireland where hostile most of the time to what would have been described as "political catholicism". It sounds like something of a "red menace", ie "the threatening other", which could be born of a protestant, loyalist, orange or masonic milleau rather than plain fact.

The real serious actions the hierarchy in the RC church are willing to take to combat reform are a matter of record though, they did fight a serious pitched battle from day one of Vatican two to prevent it having much impact and they are attempting to roll it back and roll it up, changes in the liturgy in the venacular have convinced me of that. The actions they took against people like Hans Kung or the liberation theologians where unnecessary and I always think compelled those people into radical positions they wouldnt have adopted otherwise.

The Conspiracy of a Millennium

For one thousand years the clergy suppressed scandal.

They suppressed scandal for the best possible motives.

The suppressed scandal because they believed scandal would lead others into sin and so endanger their immortal souls.

And we have recently discovered that one scandal the clergy suppressed for the best possible motives was the torture and rape of children by the clergy themselves.

This has been a successful conspiracy carried out by a multi-national bureaucracy over a millennium.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This has been a successful conspiracy carried out by a multi-national bureaucracy over a millennium.
    Unfortunately, this theory has considerable supporting evidence, and has yet to be disproven. Shame on the "Church".
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...