User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    As long as there are weak-willed, weak-minded, free sheeple that can't deal with reality, there will be a demand for mind-altering drugs and the allure of a lawless Ameritopia where anything goes. Sure, let freedom ring.

You really think this? I guess you do. Jeepers. One dimensional thought. Yes, there are drug abusers who want to slip reality. There are also food abusers, tv addicts, internet addicts etc who do that too. Some other people want to open their mind. Some people, like myself, are highly productive and rather addicted to control and performance and can happily take or leave substances but are curious about different planes of existence. It's not just one brush for all.

EDIT: Though, you're obviously entitled to your opinions. I just find that kind of sentiment a bit suspect cos it sounds like a party line rather than finely parsed, original thought. *shrug*

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    There's a criminal element because drugs are criminal. If drugs aren't a black market product, they aren't something criminal organizations can corner. If drugs become a legitimate business they will only fund criminal activity as much as any legitimate business does.
    Yes. Seems obvious to me.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i had a friend who used to buy it when it was legal. he said you could buy it from the door guy before going into the club....whoa...can't even imagine that! i know that it used to be used in talk therapy for marriage counseling. could you imagine? haha i don't know if i think it should be legal...i worry that people would abuse it and die from taking too much. stupid irresponsible people mess everything up for everyone else. :/ but...then again people abuse and overuse alcohol and die all the time with that too...so...really whats the difference? i really hate drug addiction and wish something humane and logical could be done about it....it completely destroys lives....maybe there could be some cool shot that we all have to take that makes us immune to the effects...then no one would become addicted or find pleasure in using. getting everyone to just say no isn't really working.

edit: okay so that wouldn't work i guess haha sometimes we actually need drugs for surgery or whatever
    i don't know the answer
    Hah, omg, I can just imagine a couple in therapy doing it. I bet their hearts just poured open. I know someone who had a big breakthrough with their partner with it and it was supposedly as though her heart just unfroze. Yeah, I bet it was powerful within the setting of therapy. Though, wonder how many of those couples benefitted long term from it? It must have sucked going to therapy after it was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I would use data on injuries and deaths related to the substances to determine which ones are destructive.
    Raw data doesn't always tell you everything. Take into account why they happen. In heroin's case, it's often because the typical user is using cut/weak heroin. They get used to certain dosages with that stuff. Along comes something better, and they take the same dosage but at a higher quality, and they never wake up. And often, they can't tell what's strong or not, unless somehow the dealer knows.

Dirty syringes and having the heroin cut with dangerous or bacterial ridden substances lead to death or disease too.

Also, the whole culture is seedy and dangerous.

All of these are market problems.

Heroin on a consistent dosage from a reliable source isn't as dangerous as you would think though (there are still side effects and it's highly addictive, of course). If a person had money, they could medicate themselves their whole lives without a heroin related death. William Burroughs, for example, was such a person. He used until the day he died (he lived into his 80s even). Not that I'm saying any of this is good though.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    They banned chewing gum in Singapore so yup, I think it's a pretty uptight culture. I sometimes have to transit through there. I can say that the men with machine guns and the large DRUG TRAFFICKING = MANDATORY DEATH PENALTY signs are rather disturbing. I check and recheck all pockets for chewing gum! *fear*
    I lived there for 3 years. They don't actually care if you have chewing gum. The reasons for the ban were political.

They claim to have a 0% crime rate, which isn't true, but it's definitely very low... Especially considering how many people there are in that small of a space.

violaine

Would you say it's an uptight culture? That was more the point of the post... I've heard plenty of Singaporeans say so once they are living somewhere else. Not to trash Singapore, it was just with reference to what KDude was saying about the woman he met.

EDIT: Also, mandatory death penalty. Mandatory. That is hardcore to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm with @Saturned. We should let evolution eliminate the weak.

But legalizing ectasy alone isn't wise. I mean, these creatures evolve.
    Average human beings: Born>Grow>Reproduce>Die (aprox. 75 years)
    Junkie: Born>''Grow''>marijuana phase>ectasy phase>cocaine phase>meth phase>heroin phase> Die (aprox. 35 years)
    See, if just ectasy is legalized those morons can't progress. We gotta let them go all the way. If we make the evolution from ectasy to cocaine illegal and expensive, these crackpots are gonna start stealing and giving all the money to the drug dealers and soon these will get powerful enough to dominate the world and we will enter the Drug Economy era.
    Last edited by Rasofy; 12-01-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: the evolution progress was noobish
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

lol.. meth phase before coke phase. i don't think anyone does that. if a cokehead discovers meth, they probably stick with it. meth lasts much longer and is cheaper.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    lol.. meth phase before coke phase. i don't think anyone does that. if a cokehead discovers meth, they probably stick with it. meth lasts much longer and is cheaper.
    You probably know better than I do.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You probably know better than I do.
    I wish that wasn't true.

Both are similar in that they're stimulants. Coke used to be the more popular drug, and Meth only something brave souls who befriended weird tow truck drivers and bikers could get ahold of... who were always married to some equally weird chick who looked like Olive Oil from Popeye, but pregnant and no teeth. Now Coke is almost sort of a preppy drug, and Meth still cheap as in it's ghetto days.. but much more popular.