User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

A window to the soul

As long as there are weak-willed, weak-minded, free sheeple that can't deal with reality, there will be a demand for mind-altering drugs and the allure of a lawless Ameritopia where anything goes. Sure, let freedom ring.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

wait, strong minded people cant become alcoholics?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    There's a criminal element because drugs are criminal. If drugs aren't a black market product, they aren't something criminal organizations can corner. If drugs become a legitimate business they will only fund criminal activity as much as any legitimate business does.
    Alright, then McDonalds will be able to capitalise on peoples actual addiction to junk as opposed to just junk food

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post

Drug decriminalization has not lead to an increase in use in Portugal. In fact, it may have actually lead to a decrease in drug use. http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=10080
    I think this is where you got me. I'll go over it again (have to run..), but I don't think we are talking about the same thing.
    The topic is about legalizing drugs. This study covers decriminalizing drugs. There is a difference...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    1) MDMA/ecstasy is a mood altering drug. If you don't consider it a hardcore drug that is your prerogative.
    Which drugs are not "hardcore"?

Which drugs are not mood altering?

I tend to consider highly addictive, highly destructive substances to be "hardcore". This would include chemicals like nicotine or opiates.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I'm all for anything that continues to help thin the herd.
    What's the herd in question?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i had a friend who used to buy it when it was legal. he said you could buy it from the door guy before going into the club....whoa...can't even imagine that! i know that it used to be used in talk therapy for marriage counseling. could you imagine? haha i don't know if i think it should be legal...i worry that people would abuse it and die from taking too much. stupid irresponsible people mess everything up for everyone else. :/ but...then again people abuse and overuse alcohol and die all the time with that too...so...really whats the difference? i really hate drug addiction and wish something humane and logical could be done about it....it completely destroys lives....maybe there could be some cool shot that we all have to take that makes us immune to the effects...then no one would become addicted or find pleasure in using. getting everyone to just say no isn't really working.

edit: okay so that wouldn't work i guess haha sometimes we actually need drugs for surgery or whatever
    i don't know the answer
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Which drugs are not "hardcore"?

Which drugs are not mood altering?

I tend to consider highly addictive, highly destructive substances to be "hardcore". This would include chemicals like nicotine or opiates.
    Huh. I consider those relatively tame, even opiates. Not good, of course. Just tame. Highly destructive to the user, but relatively safe under many conditions for society (yeah, second hand smoke is an issue). Opiates are painkillers. Even heroin is. The most dangerous element of heroin is the market. Also, in it's purest form, it kills. But it's rare to get it that way. I would still consider LSD and Shrooms more dangerous for unpredictable, intangible reasons that can't really be studied. They can cause extremely frantic, paranoid behavior that heroin never could. When people use heroin, they nod out like zombies. Hallucinogens are a different kind of hardcore that has the potential to put others in danger.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    What's the herd in question?
    humans

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Huh. I consider those relatively tame, even opiates. Not good, of course. Just tame. Highly destructive to the user, but relatively safe under many conditions for society (yeah, second hand smoke is an issue). Opiates are painkillers. Even heroin is. The most dangerous element of heroin is the market. Also, in it's purest form, it kills. But it's rare to get it that way. I would still consider LSD and Shrooms more dangerous for unpredictable, intangible reasons that can't really be studied. They can cause extremely frantic, paranoid behavior that heroin never could. When people use heroin, they nod out like zombies. Hallucinogens are a different kind of hardcore that has the potential to put others in danger.
    I would use data on injuries and deaths related to the substances to determine which ones are destructive.

I am unaware of wide-scale injury and death related to the use of hallucinogens, hence I do not consider them destructive at all.

I am, however, aware of hundreds of thousands of deaths per annum related to the use of nicotine. Opiate use, likewise, is linked to thousands of deaths per annum. I also forgot to mention alcohol (arguably, the most hardcore drug humans have), which is also linked to many thousands of deaths and countless injuries per annum.

I do not believe that I am familiar with any cases of death related to the pharmacological use of LSD or shrooms, however I am willing to learn if anyone has any information on these substances. Simply put, the amount of chemical required to cause death or injury is impractical to fathom. The only information I have found are anecdotes about individuals committing suicide while on LSD, though generally it is determined that these rare cases involve individuals with longstanding suicidal tendencies.