User Tag List

First 1725262728 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Some people will buy drugs no matter the cost. Making them illegal do little to dissuade them but will drive up the price and enrich the violent drug cartels. That will cause more harm than good. Decriminalization might not help the addicts neither, but it might benefit the rest of society by removing a source of income for the criminal organizations.

Is your position based on personal moral convictions or on cost/benefit analyses?
    Cost benefit analysis, which I'm still working through. Lateralus is most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kdk View Post
    Are you on crack? Should we be sending you to rehab?
    Welcome to TC?

MBTI
    STUF

[YOUTUBE="lDYgARgVWEw"]Hmm[/YOUTUBE]
    Whoops.

Ginkgo

Nixon's War on Drugs was born of ignorance. Drugs will always be a problem, so I would sleep more soundly if my state and nation took responsibility of controlled substances like marijuana and ecstasy. I doubt doing so would halt unregulated trafficking of drugs, but handing MJ over to private companies or big pharma would put a dent in the drug cartels. I wonder what sort of reaction we would get out of the cartels - something has to shift. Over-all, I would like to live in a place where people took ownership of their decisions by investigating the consequences, rather than being scared of drug experimentation because they were warned by anti-drug campaigns. The only campaign I've seen that's even relevantly accurate is targeted toward meth addicts. It seems more truthful than most of the prior campaigns, which is a sign we are reaching an understanding about controlled substances, methinks. At least in my area.

I've heard horror stories about X and I doubt it will ever be used clinically. Here, we can see where combatants against the war on drugs start to lose steam because it seems that only a few drugs offer the potential to be beneficial to those with special needs. And that's just potential.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Don't legalize Exstasy. Legalize DMT instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post

Welcome to TC?
    WB is fine, since I was one of the first 40 members. @prohibition not leading to contaminated alcohol, check your facts before you start claiming things as fact.

A window to the soul

WB is fine, since I was one of the first 40 members. @prohibition not leading to contaminated alcohol, check your facts before you start claiming things as fact.
    Perhaps you misuderstood what I wrote. In fact, I stated there is no such thing.

Welcome back.

A window to the soul

WB is fine, since I was one of the first 40 members.
    I'm curious, how are you one of the first 40 members if you joined in Jan 2011? New account?

Perhaps you misuderstood what I wrote. In fact, I stated there is no such thing.

Welcome back.
    How is saying that alcohol can't be contaminated relevant? MDMA can't be contaminated, heroin can't be contaminated, and cocaine can't be contaminated technically speaking.

A window to the soul

How is saying that alcohol can't be contaminated relevant?
    You're asking the wrong person. That wasn't my idea. Alcohol has nothing to do with ecstasy. It's not even in the same classification, physical state or manufacturing routine.

I take it you didn't read the entire thread.

MDMA can't be contaminated,... technically speaking.
    Are you an S-personality type?

heroin can't be contaminated, and cocaine can't be contaminated technically speaking.
    What chemical substances are in heroin and cocaine?

(I bet I could "technically" make it happen.)

Also, how are you one of the first 40 members if you joined in Jan 2011?

You're asking the wrong person. That wasn't my idea. Alcohol has nothing to do with ecstasy. It's not even in the same classification, physical state or manufacturing routine.

I take it you didn't read the entire thread.

Are you an S-personality type?

What chemical substances are in heroin and cocaine?

(I bet I could "technically" make it happen.)

Also, how are you one of the first 40 members if you joined in Jan 2011?
    Heroin and cocaine are made of each respectively... Cocaine is refined through coca leaves and heroin is derived from opium just concentrated morphine.

So what exactly did you mean when you said alcohol wasn't contaminated during prohibition?
    I was of the understanding that you meant exactly what you said. I was also under the impression that to make your claim factually correct, one would have to consider that alcohol is technically alcohol and that for it to be alcohol, it can be nothing else, which is not relevant because it has nothing to do with what people actually got when they bought liquor during prohibition.

I am sorry for reacting harshly, especially if I misinterpreted you... it was rude.

I neither use my old account nor do I wish to be associated with it, but I am not a newb here.

The relevance of saying that prohibiting drugs leads to the drugs being more dangerous because of not being regulated is straight forward and alcohol during prohibition is one example, the other examples are numerous in drugs that are currently criminal to possess, especially ecstasy.