User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

Relevance? Minimal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I feel like I live in a completely different world then some people in this thread. like do you really think that there are a ton of people out there dying to try hard drugs but think "oh no it's illegal I can't!" I know more people who have ruined their lives with legal drugs than illegal ones. and don't see how ecstasy being legal would increase crime? honestly I have a hard time taking the opinions of someone who's never tried drugs seriously on this. don't speak on things you don't know.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I think irresponsibility should be illegal.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Honestly I have a hard time taking the opinions of someone who's never tried drugs seriously on this. don't speak on things you don't know.
    Stupid.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Schopenhauer View Post
    Stupid.
    stupid is thinking people on ecstasy are going to go out and commit violent crimes. I'm not recommending that everyone goes out and tries it, but when your opinions on something are based on anti-drug propaganda and not any experience or unbiased facts, that's ignorance and not anything laws should be based on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    stupid is thinking people on ecstasy are going to go out and commit violent crimes. I'm not recommending that everyone goes out and tries it, but when your opinions on something are based on anti-drug propaganda and not any experience or unbiased facts, that's ignorance and not anything laws should be based on.
    A lack of experience does not always equate to a lack of understanding, thus the opinions of all people with a lack of personal experience should not always be disregarded.

A theoretical example:*
    - I understand politics and am a political activist.
    - I decide to challenge Governor Dumb to a formal debate wherein the topic is how he's handled himself improperly as Governor and how he should be removed from office.
    - He begins the debate by stating, "You've never been a Governor, so I can't accept your opinion."

Do you honestly think that his statement is loical? It is not and neither was yours.

Also, personal experience does not always equate to the presence of absolute understanding, and should sometimes be disregarded when it claims it does hold that position.

Another slightly less theoretical and more reality-based example:
    - Person A states, "I know more people who have ruined their lives with legal drugs than illegal ones."
    - Person B thinks, "Funny, I only know people whose lives have been ruined from illegal drugs and illegal drug usage. (Aside from celebrities)"

Pretty sure that anecdotal opinions are anecdotal opinions. Which brings me to the last part of my comment... I agree that people should be knowledgeable about drugs, how drugs influence the human body, how drugs could potentially influence society and formal logic before they begin to debate the topic.

MBTI
    INTP

What are the key benefits of prohibition?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Keeps prisons full and labor union prison guards employed.

...but I am not for the legalization of drugs beyond the decriminalization of marijuana.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Good movies.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Schopenhauer View Post
    A lack of experience does not always equate to a lack of understanding, thus the opinions of all people with a lack of personal experience should not always be disregarded.

A theoretical example:*
    - I understand politics and am a political activist.
    - I decide to challenge Governor Dumb to a formal debate wherein the topic is how he's handled himself improperly as Governor and how he should be removed from office.
    - He begins the debate by stating, "You've never been a Governor, so I can't accept your opinion."

Do you honestly think that his statement is loical? It is not and neither was yours.

Also, personal experience does not always equate to the presence of absolute understanding, and should sometimes be disregarded when it claims it does hold that position.

Another slightly less theoretical and more reality-based example:
    - Person A states, "I know more people who have ruined their lives with legal drugs than illegal ones."
    - Person B thinks, "Funny, I only know people whose lives have been ruined from illegal drugs and illegal drug usage. (Aside from celebrities)"

Pretty sure that anecdotal opinions are anecdotal opinions. Which brings me to the last part of my comment... I agree that people should be knowledgeable about drugs, how drugs influence the human body, how drugs could potentially influence society and formal logic before they begin to debate the topic.
    I was talking specifically about this issue, sorry if I gave the impression that you can't have an opinion on anything you haven't done because that wasn't what I meant. I've just heard a lot of people who were raised in a "just say no" way and who continue to blindly follow that mentality say some really stupid, misinformed stuff. obviously my experiences won't be everyone else's and vice versa but I'm pretty confident that I understand the consequences of legalizing ecstasy having done it more than someone who learned about it in DARE and equates every drug user with a crack fiend.