User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The data does not support your position. Did you not read this thread? I posted a link to a study that showed decriminalization in Portugal did not lead to an increase in drug abuse. Why take a stance like this when the data clearly shows it to be wrong?
    No, I didn't bother to read the entire thread.

Portugal decriminalized drug abuse, but drugs are still regulated and will be confiscated if found on an individual. I am arguing from a scenario in which hard drugs are completely deregulated, which I assumed you/Magic were as well. Decriminalization alone of drug abuse does not of course not make it easier to access, because supplying the drugs is still a criminal offense. So my argument still stands.

Maybe I misunderstood what you were arguing, Magic. I agree that drug abuse should be decriminalized, but supplying the drugs should not.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    No, I didn't bother to read the entire thread.

Portugal decriminalized drug abuse, but drugs are still regulated and will be confiscated if found on an individual. I am arguing from a scenario in which hard drugs are completely deregulated, which I assumed you were as well. Decriminalization alone of drug abuse does not of course not make it easier to access, because supplying the drugs is still a criminal offense. So my argument still stands.

I agree that drug abuse should be decriminalized, but supplying the drugs should not.
    Read the thread. You'll be less likely to make retarded assumptions then.

I can't imagine anyone but an anarcho-capitalist would argue for complete deregulation. Alcohol isn't completely unregulated. The same goes for tobacco.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

FigerPuppet

Read the thread. You'll be less likely to make retarded assumptions then.

I can't imagine anyone but an anarcho-capitalist would argue for complete deregulation. Alcohol isn't completely unregulated. The same goes for tobacco.
    Do you support a regulation of hard drugs that is on level with that of alcohol and tobacco?

PS. Next time formulate yourself properly and write "legalization/decriminalization of [drug] abuse", not just "legalization/decriminalization of [drug]" - in every post. Some of us are too important to read entire threads. It's not my fault you aren't the longest turd in the toilet.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Do you support a regulation of hard drugs that is on level with that of alcohol and tobacco?

PS. Next time formulate yourself properly and write "legalization/decriminalization of [drug] abuse", not just "legalization/decriminalization of [drug]" - in every post. Some of us are too important to read entire threads. It's not my fault you aren't the longest turd in the toilet.
    Read the thread. If you're too self-important for that, good bye.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

FigerPuppet

Read the thread. If you're too self-important for that, good bye.
    You're so silly. I'm all-important.

Oh, haha. Apparently you do. That's funny. Selling heroin in Wal-Mart. Someone here is out of touch, and it's not me.

A supply-side difference. Full legalization is actually better than just decriminalization because then you're also kicking the drug cartels out of the business. There is no drug cartel on the planet that can even come close to competing with a company like Wal-Mart, so fears of people like Pablo Escobar becoming more powerful (due to legalization) are pretty ridiculous.
    But don't worry; I'll touch you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You're so silly. I'm all-important.

Oh, haha. Apparently you do. That's funny. Selling heroin in Wal-Mart. Someone here is out of touch, and it's not me.
    Care to show me where I said anything about selling heroin "in" Wal-Mart?

Look, I know you're angry. You've been shown up in this thread and I'm enjoying rubbing your face in it. But deliberately twisting words and/or misquoting is not the way you save face.

FigerPuppet

Care to show me where I said anything about selling heroin "in" Wal-Mart?

Look, I know you're angry. You've been shown up in this thread and I'm enjoying rubbing your face in it. But deliberately twisting words and/or misquoting is not the way you save face.
    I'm not angry, friend. And how am I misquoting you? I'm not even cherry-picking, because I uprooted the entire tree and brought it here. It's okay to admit that you said some silly things in the past. Nobody will think any less of you for doing so.

Oh hey, I'll even give you a link: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1740451
    See, you don't have to lack social etiquette in order to win an argument.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm not angry, friend. And how am I misquoting you? I'm not even cherry-picking, because I uprooted the entire tree and brought it here. It's okay to admit that you said some silly things in the past. Nobody will think any less of you for doing so.

Oh hey, I'll even give you a link: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1740451
    See, you don't have to lack social etiquette in order to win an argument.
    Yes, nowhere did I say anything about Wal-Mart selling heroin "in" Wal-Mart stores. In fact, in another post, I even say a company like Wal-Mart might even open up "drug dens" if that's what is required by law. I seriously doubt we'll ever see heroin in the checkout aisle next to Snickers.

That said, you're missing my greater point. Some people seem to believe legalization will make drug cartels even more powerful. My point was that the opposite is true. Cartels will get destroyed by legitimate businesses (thereby, reducing violence). Trying to put words into my mouth doesn't help you, unless you really have no argument and you're just digging through my posts trying to find some minute detail to pick on me about.

FigerPuppet

Yes, nowhere did I say anything about Wal-Mart selling heroin "in" Wal-Mart stores. In fact, in another post, I even say a company like Wal-Mart might even open up "drug dens" if that's what is required by law. I seriously doubt we'll ever see heroin in the checkout aisle next to Snickers.

That said, you're missing my greater point. Some people seem to believe the legalization will make drug cartels even more powerful. My point was that the opposite is true. Cartels will get destroyed by legitimate businesses. Trying to put words into my mouth doesn't help you, unless you really have no argument and you're just digging through my posts trying to find some minute detail to pick on me about.
    You're the one who's picking at minute details, son. It doesn't matter if it's Wal-Mart or any other store: You are advocating the decriminalization of distributing heroin and other hard drugs for recreative use. Refer to my past posts for arguments against this.

I support the complete decriminalization of marijuana because it's as harmless as alcohol and tobacco, while at the same time doing so will deal a huge blow to criminal organizations. I do not think decriminalizing heroin is worth the horrific consequences doing so will have.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You're the one who's picking at minute details, son. It doesn't matter if it's Wal-Mart or any other store: You are advocating the decriminalization of distributing heroin and other hard drugs for recreative use. Refer to my past posts for arguments against this.
    And your arguments are wrong. Studies have shown that decriminalization does not lead to an increase in drug abuse. You can keep harping on that same point all you want. The data does not support your position.