User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
    It should remain illegal. Drugs are dangerous, the state shouldn't leave people alone with them.
    So are legal drugs, so is nicotine, so is alcohol. You should be consistant in your views if you support this position

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
    It should remain illegal. Drugs are dangerous, the state shouldn't leave people alone with them.
    Cars are dangerous, the state shouldn't leave people alone with them.

They should remain illegal

Ecstasy and Ekstasi

Ecstasy is legal. Ekstasi is illegal.

This is because ekstasi (the pill) is an ersatz form of ecstasy.

Ekstasi is phoney while ecstasy is authentic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    It's just as likely as junkies shooting the place up. Users just end up thinking about heroin a lot, even when not high. It either makes them poor or take risks to get the fix. If heroin was regulated, I'm sure it'd be expensive too. So some may go out of their way to get it or make money by some other illegal means.

If people wanted it to be legal, maybe the best bet is just let people cultivate it themselves and create their own supply. At their own risk and in the privacy of their own homes. And leave these public bars and regulating to drugs that have less addictive properties.
    yeah sure it is...and on one hand i think that would be a fine solution but on the other i think the world might completely turn to shit. you know how many people become addicted and die from their legitimately prescribed medication. ...so i'm not at all for making that more likely...i lost my lil sister like that...it's made me a bit anti drug...and anti doctors who prescribe them carelessly.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah sure it is...and on one hand i think that would be a fine solution but on the other i think the world might completely turn to shit. you know how many people become addicted and die from their legitimately prescribed medication. ...so i'm not at all for making that more likely...i lost my lil sister like that...it's made me a bit anti drug...and anti doctors who prescribe them carelessly.
    Sorry to hear that. Yeah, I've had my own experiences too that probably makes us of like minds.

Honestly, I don't know what the solution is to policing or regulating drugs. It's a mess. The laws should defintely be revised in some cases though (like cannabis). And most users (of various drugs in general) should not be in prison. I think that's crazy. In the same way it's crazy that kids who get caught downloading a movie get the full force of laws on piracy come down on them. They're not traffickers.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    You really think this? I guess you do. Jeepers. One dimensional thought. Yes, there are drug abusers who want to slip reality. There are also food abusers, tv addicts, internet addicts etc who do that too. Some other people want to open their mind. Some people, like myself, are highly productive and rather addicted to control and performance and can happily take or leave substances but are curious about different planes of existence. It's not just one brush for all.
    EDIT: Though, you're obviously entitled to your opinions. I just find that kind of sentiment a bit suspect cos it sounds like a party line rather than finely parsed, original thought. *shrug*
    I'm curious, when reality eludes you and you're under illegal drug's control (w/unknown toxins and known legal repercussions), what sentiment, what multi-dimensional, finely parsed, original thought are *you* going to reach for to save you?

Despite what the hippies might tell you, your liver and pancreas have to work over-time to filter out the unnecessary junk you put in your body in an attempt to save your life and most drugs that will make you 'high' are going to have cumulative adverse effects. Expect it.

EDIT: Though, you're obviously entitled to your opinions. I just find that kind of sentiment a bit suspect cos it sounds like a party line rather than finely parsed, original thought. *shrug*
    At the moment, I can't imagine being any more original and authentic than my drug-free self. I'm proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Cars are dangerous, the state shouldn't leave people alone with them.

They should remain illegal
    People are dangerous, the State shouldn't leave people alone with them.

They should remain illegal.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I'm curious, when reality eludes you and you're under illegal drug's control (w/unknown toxins and known legal repercussions), what sentiment, what multi-dimensional, finely parsed, original thought are *you* going to reach for to save you?

Despite what the hippies might tell you, your liver and pancreas have to work over-time to filter out the unnecessary junk you put in your body in an attempt to save your life and most drugs that will make you 'high' are going to have cumulative adverse effects. Expect it.

At the moment, I can't imagine being any more original and authentic than my drug-free self. I'm proud.
    You obviously didn't read my post (or know me). You're going to go through life perceiving the world the same way your whole life? Your perceptions are never going to change? And you want to make that the status quo for everyone else, about things you know nothing of? Ok then. We're different animals. I shall leave you standing those few inches taller atop the bible (I presume), proud of the choices that someone else made for you.

A window to the soul

You obviously didn't read my post (or know me). You're going to go through life perceiving the world the same way your whole life? Your perceptions are never going to change? And you want to make that the status quo for everyone else, about things you know nothing of? Ok then. We're different animals. I shall leave you standing those few inches taller atop the bible (I presume), proud of the choices that someone else made for you.
    Perhaps I deserved that and I wasn't clear. I don't support legalizing ecstacy. Period.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post

I doubt you're drug free, unless you don't drink alcohol, take Tylenol or ibuprofen when you have a headache, use Neosporin when you have a cut, or drink anything with caffeine in it. And you're certainly not original. Pretty much every prohibition supporter accuses the opposition of being an addict. It's the only argument you have because all of the data is against you.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."