User Tag List

Thread: Passive Resistance and Passive Aggression

Default Passive Resistance and Passive Aggression

I'm beginning to think that based upon the passive aggressive people I know that some kind of passive resistance is probably more successful in changing things to suit yourself than an overt, outright head on collision style of resistance.

What do people think? It may never yeild the complete picture or what is desired in a total sense but it will yeild something other than the established frame or the mutually assured destruction of a head on battle.

Why post this in Politics? Passive Aggression is more of a Relationship issue..

Or do you mean non-violent resistance (i.e. Gandhi, MLK, etc)?

I think this term is overused and often used incorrectly, but as a member who has been accused of passive-agressiveness, specifically by someone who got herself banned for insulting many different users, I think it is prudent to not convey every single thought that goes through someone's mind. Perhaps, some people think that this sort of overt "I'm going to tell everyone what I think of them because that makes me bold and assertive" attitute is admirable in some way, but it's really an indication of immaturity. Everyone has negative thoughts about people at times. That doesn't mean that it should be acceptable or encouraged to attack them on or offline. Furthermore, some people view an opinion that differs from their own as a personal attack on themselves and feel justified in retaliating aggressively against that person, instead of contending their point of view.

Certainly, some situations require direct confrontation, but in general, if people would exercise more restraint then there would be less confrontation and violence in the world and more productive resolutions.