Apart from the film Valkrye (spelling) and the bomb plot has anyone read anything about German resistance to Hitler or Nazism, I'm not sure if the "generals plot" was anti-Nazi or just anti-Hitler (although perhaps that's the same thing since the Furher principle was at the heart of Nazism), I did hear about other attempts by ranking officers to broker a peace with the allies versus Russia which would have left some sort of Nazi dictatorship, or some sort of dictatorship, in place in Germany. Does anyone think that was ever a possibility?

Other sorts of resistance I know about are sort of memorable or remarkable but I dont believe really threatened the regime and where anti-Nazi in what I would consider a cultural or ideological sense but something different from a straight forward political struggle.

Those are the White Rose movement of students who if I'm not wrong where executed for peace activism, there was another protestant conscientious objector who I believe was beheaded too.

Although recently I found an obscure left book club source called Germany Turns the Clock Back, written before the declaration of war by the British which cited the resistance of the Catholic political factions, joining too late with the fragmented left groups opposed to fascism.

I wonder about the treatment of this history, its forgotten for the most part. Most of the history of the nazis is about the nazis and nazism rather than Germany and Germans.