User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INFP

The emotive process of dehumanisation where my emotion of empathy is removed for set subject is reserved for tyrants and the most vicious of men.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    The emotive process of dehumanisation where my emotion of empathy is removed for set subject is reserved for tyrants and the most vicious of men.
    Wait you like simple douchebags and vicious women?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I dehumanize only one group of people, those who abuse their power.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Some claim their relationship was saved by homeopathy; and some say their relationship was saved by astrology; and some even claim their relationship was saved by phrenology; and some claim their relationship was saved by MBTI.
    If someone's relationship was saved by astrology, good for them. I see nothing wrong with positive growth, anyway you look at it. It's about what the person decides will help them.

My point being that to be a constant naysayer as you are, is failing to see the positive side.

Sure, we can all say that astrology is crackpot, but I can't deny it if it has caused more overall growth than deterioration for humanity.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    So I am wondering. How quick are you to dehumanize people who:

1) disagree with you?
    2) rub you the wrong way?
    3) inconvenience you?
    4) make it hard for you to get your job done?

By dehumanize, I mean, to, in your own mind, strip them of their human status. Thinking of them as "animals", "monsters", "menace", or really any label that would justify, in your mind, violating one of their human rights.

Human rights include:
    The right to life, liberty, personal security, status of personhood, equal protection under the law,
    freedom from slavery, torture, cruel or degrading punishment, arbitrary arrest, ...

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

Maybe introspection is too hard. How quickly have you seen it happen?
    It may because I dont understand the question or because of that I never heard of the concept but I dont know how you could ever dehumanize someone ? I on the contrary humanize people even more when they do the worst things possible. Animals aint ever as irrational as humans
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    It may because I dont understand the question or because of that I never heard of the concept but I dont know how you could ever dehumanize someone ? I on the contrary humanize people even more when they do the worst things possible. Animals aint ever as irrational as humans
    Misanthropy is your topic. Or in some ways perhaps anthropomorphism.

Psychodrama

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    to be a constant naysayer as you are, is failing to see the positive side.
    I exhibit not only critical thinking in the face of bullying but I am also creative.

In fact you will find critical thinking and creativity (C&C) go together.

The first thing for you to do is to stop making me the issue and simply address the issue.

Should you continue to make me the issue, you will be engaging in psychodrama.

And psychodrama is part of legitimate therapy, but this is not a site for therapy and I am not a therapist, and I don't want to be conscripted into your psychodrama.

Cockroaches, Pigs, Apes, Dhimmi and Infidels

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont know how you could ever dehumanize someone
    All we need to do is to call them cockroaches and exterminate them. We know this works because we have already done it.

However in reaction to this dehumanisation we wrote and signed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, with the exception of 57 Islamic States who publicly and openly rejected the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And these same 57 States today dehumanise Jews by calling them pigs and apes and working for their extermination.

Also these same 57 States also dehumanise us by calling us dhimmi and infidels and are working to dominate or kill us.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I exhibit not only critical thinking in the face of bullying but I am also creative.

In fact you will find critical thinking and creativity (C&C) go together.

The first thing for you to do is to stop making me the issue and simply address the issue.

Should you continue to make me the issue, you will be engaging in psychodrama.

And psychodrama is part of legitimate therapy, but this is not a site for therapy and I am not a therapist, and I don't want to be conscripted into your psychodrama.
    What does this have to do with anything? Just address the issue. The issue is failure to see the positives.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont know if its misanthropy or anthropomorphing. I have to think of Worf: Dehumanizing others yields no honour
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]