User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

So I assume you were being serious about the psychopathy???

lol

Psychopaths leave damage in their wake. I can see them being able to hide in corporations in the private sector.

But not so much in the public sector, especially public office. I think it likely to catch up with them before they can attain such a high profile job (like president).
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    So I assume you were being serious about the psychopathy???

lol

Psychopaths leave damage in their wake. I can see them being able to hide in corporations in the private sector.

But not so much in the public sector, especially public office. I think it likely to catch up with them before they can attain such a high profile job (like president).
    You don't give intelligent psychopaths enough credit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    yupp

what is the 1985? who cares HIV can't be spread and the rest of the candidates are usually heart attack age and theirs always the chance of assasination, the point being if he died from complications of HIV it wou;dn't be a big deal, well yes it would but it be the same as if he was assasinated.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You don't give intelligent psychopaths enough credit.
    Yes, I do.

What presidents, or presidential hopefuls, have been psychopaths?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Riva

I believe they are given medical test before given the right to run for the precidential race.
    believes that's the right thing to do.
    A terminal disease (at least it causes diseases to become terminal) it is.
    The head of the state should be healthy and fit to run the country.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yes, I do.

What presidents, or presidential hopefuls, have been psychopaths?
    You want me to play armchair psychiatrist? No thanks. My opinion is based on scientific studies.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You brought it up, not me--the psychopathy thing.

I am just asking you to support your argument, so I can understand where you are coming from.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Please share your reasons for why you would/wouldn't elect someone to presidential office in this light. Also, what medical conditions would be gamechangers for you as a voter?
    I dont think it would influence my choice unless it meant that their life expectancy was severely curtailed and that would only influence things in so far as it would make the position of vice president as important or more important than it had been because they are likely to be sworn in when the other candidate dies.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You brought it up, not me--the psychopathy thing.

I am just asking you to support your argument, so I can understand where you are coming from.
    That's not asking me to support my argument. That's asking me to speculate about the psychological state of specific individuals.

I think I have already done enough to support my argument, unless you have some distorted view of what a psychopath actually is. In which case, that's on you to educate yourself.